Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

it’s a bad sign when the carpet starts sanding the door corner round.

5 Likes

Or it’s very, very good carpet.

4 Likes

Industrial carpet is kind of terrifying that way, yeah. Portland’s airport had some iconic carpet that lasted decades and when they remodeled it they actually auctioned some off.

3 Likes

The house is around 170 years only and was probably a low paid railway worker’s cottage. Everything is worn and rounded :rofl: (which is cool most of the time!).

Definitely not! :rofl:

This is one of those areas of the house that I’ve always meant to improve but always found something more important to spend the money on. One of the advantages/disadvantages of bachelor life! :wink:

4 Likes

They finally got me. There i was in my local (shout out to sound of music in kokomo,in.) And This was in the rack. I was there looking at drum kits with my 12yo grandson and saw this.

Now as it happens, I’m just dumb enough to play a bass when it looks like i might have 15 minutes or so. So i picked it up and plugged it in and was immediately fully hooked.

I’ve never wanted a fender, i always steered clear of them. I guess i just wanted to not have the same thing everyone else has-but i gotta say-there really is a reason everyone has them.

It weighs a ton (this thing is truly heavy) but it’s really well balanced and plays really nicely. I’m not used to the neck shape yet, but it isn’t terribly bulky.

I really dig used equipment and the only real defect is around the double stack knob. I don’t think it’s been played heavily, really minimal wear…

So Now it lives at my house.

22 Likes

I remember that. I can remember in all the years I flew through PDX I might have thought “The carpet is a bit unusual, that’s nice, it’s not just greige.” in passing. Then learned that it is apparently widely celebrated.

4 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Super cool looking bass @autumnsdad1990 ! See what a spare 15 minutes can do for a person. Nice!

3 Likes

Thank you! It may be heavy as a sack of bricks, but it sure does play nice.

3 Likes

I like the black on black. That’s a sleek-looking bass. And it’s awesome to have something that gets you excited to play.

4 Likes

Thank you, sir. Your c4 is nothing to sneeze at. I’m kind of a schecter fanboy. While it’s no c4, my custom 4 is my daily player.

Yeah, there’s probably a couple schecter basses here…

8 Likes

I’ve just posted in the “Introduce yourself” thread but thought I might as well post my little short scale in here too.
Ibanez TMB30 in “mint green”

26 Likes

That custom 4 is gorgeous too. I’ve become a Schecter fanboy myself as well. The neck is amazing. It just feels awesome to play. I’m still a newb but I liked the feel over everything else that I tried. When I was ready to upgrade after I finished B2B I knew I had to get one. Schecters rock.

3 Likes

Snap, I have the exact same :blush:

4 Likes

Me too! With a blue Ibanez guitar strap.

5 Likes

Here is my latest GAS purchase - a 2020 G&L L2000 Tribute in Clear Orange. Other than a small nick in the top of the headstock, it’s in d@m near perfect condition. Got it home, cleaned it up and restrung it, and man, the different sounds you can ge tout of this thing! Last pic is of the current stable. Very happy with my collection…today. :rofl:

23 Likes

Nice looking family you have there.

3 Likes

Is that Fender in the middle a Ocean Turquoise player model?

3 Likes

@Tommydogg

Good eye! It is. I absolutely love the color, and with the tort pg I had to get one. My first brand new bass. I restrung it shortly after I got it w/ Fender 9050 flat wound strings and it’s a joy to play. Even a friend-of-a-friend whos’ a bass player (MUCH better than I) was inpressed with it. Probably the only new bass I will ever buy!

14 Likes

I heartily approve the body colour / maple neck choice @OldBlue. Mine is Tidepool but Ocean Turquoise is a great hue.

Tort not so much (old person colour - sorry not sorry) :wink: I love mine.

12 Likes