Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Thanks, all. I’m very pleased. It reminds me very much of a later model Xcellerator I once had:

Equally nice condition-wise, they were both pretty much mint. But playing-wise, it feels a lot like that bass, and I loved playing that bass. (That Xcellerator is “dumb bass decision #1”; the purchase was a bit sketchy, and once I got the build sheet from Carvin and priced it out, I started worrying that I’d purchased stolen goods or something. In its condition it had to be someone’s baby, and the price I got it for was almost nothing. So, I panicked and got rid of it quickly. I wish I’d have kept it, it probably wasn’t stolen, and I’d probably still have it today. But then I wouldn’t have this TBS4. So… six of one, half-dozen of the other.)

Anyway, it needs a bit of adjusting… relief, action, the whole nine. I’ll do that when I put new strings on it tomorrow.

13 Likes

Before @howard beats me to the joke

6 Likes

I’m with the Dude on that one.

7 Likes

I used to work with a guy who passionately and emphatically believed that NO ONE actually likes The Eagles, it’s just that people feel they’re supposed to like The Eagles and so they just go along with it.

That said, I actually very much do like The Eagles. Always have. The funny part is that I really don’t like much of The Eagles member’s solo work. It feels like it’s missing something to me. But yeah… I do dig The Eagles.

Edit: the fact I like The Eagles had nothing to do with the purchase of this bass. I got it because I love the way it looks, I love the features it has, and I really dig the simplicity of it, what with just the single volume knob and all. It’s a stark contrast to my Dimension, which has a full 3-band onboard EQ and a five position pickup switch.

6 Likes

You’re welcome to ‘em, Tim.

They give me a weasel, queasy feeling.

5 Likes

Hah! Well played. :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t like the Eagles. Nothing bad to say about them but their music makes me feel blue.

But fantastic looking bass. I have a Mike D’ Antonio sign bass and am not a particular Killswitch Engage fan. But a nice bass.

Keep thumping Tim

5 Likes

That’s the Ibanez that looks like the old Destroyer model, yeah? Sweet bass.

4 Likes

Congrats! Nice looking bass!

7 Likes

:100:

6 Likes

I posted it here before in the Part 1 thread, but it’s seen an update. After not being able to find a pickguard I liked that would fit this thing, I vinyled it instead.

With a little care it was surprisingly easy to do, and is holding up just fine with around an hour of daily play. Plus if I need to do it again 8 bucks got me enough stick on vinyl to make it happen 3 more times.

26 Likes

That color combo :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Beautiful looking bass Tim!
Congratulations!

6 Likes

That hidden neck through design is a peach. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Beautiful instrument, Tim - congrats!

So, what DO you do for tone control here?? Let your fingers do the talking?? :wink:

5 Likes

Bass pre-amp. Amp EQ. DAI EQ. Sure, fingers too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yep, I know - I was teasing a little. These one-knob basses freak me out a little :laughing:

Beautiful axe though!!

7 Likes

OK so I have received back my “original” (designed by and manufactured for me in '97; provided to my friend ~15 years ago, haven’t seen it since) Fibenare; and it is on the carpet (as I’ve learned here as the way to show the gear :smiley: ) besides the Ibanez I purchased now to restart (and for the first time: learn properly) playing bass. They both look beautiful, hard to get used to the noise of the single coils (vs the Ibanez electronics) but love the sound of it; still can’t really forget the issues I had with this bass so maybe selling the Fibenare and go for a Squier J (while keeping the Ibanez). Sooooo much easier to follow the lessons on 4 strings, I must admit but love the sound of the B string :heart_eyes:
And the picture:

17 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

@John_E - I saw the Traveler Bass on the left of your picture. I’ve been eyeballing that thing. The light weight, 32 scale, short profile and zero neck dive due to lack of headstock and the pin position all look great. The built in amp for headphone playing is also cool. How do you like it?

4 Likes