Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

That is a fine, fine bass. Quite a joy to play. I had marked it as a keeper until @Reasonably_Happy pointed out that it was still listed on OfferUp. I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss it yesterday afternoon.

6 Likes

It’s not far away @JustTim.

In your defense, the time between “Do you still have this?” And me showing up at your house like, an hour? So it was a bit sudden. But we made room for your new machine!!! Can’t wait to see pics. The sunshine today is perfect!!

6 Likes

Gorgeous looking basses!

5 Likes

Uhoh, @Reasonably_Happy, perhaps you shouldn’t get too attached to that bass… I smell a re-buy :joy:

9 Likes

I JUST heard those exact basses have gone up in value like crazy too :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Now @joergkutter, what in the world would prompt you to say something like that?

Look at it this way: Jesse will very likely make a tidy profit on the inevitable sale back. :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Daaaaaaaaaamn, y’all cold. :smiley:

8 Likes

We’re actually trying to help - it’s called “reverse psychology” :wink:

4 Likes

If my brother @JustTim decided he “needed” it back, I would do so at a not inflated price… provided he gave me a credit and a discounted price on the Dimension! See! I’m amicable!

6 Likes

So, you’re actually putting down a fully-refundable deposit to borrow and play the newly acquired indefinitely? Plus, get a discount on all subsequent and inevitable sale items? Cool! :money_with_wings: :grin:

3 Likes

Pretty much. That sounds way better than binge, purge, and my own weird brand of codependency. Ha ha ha

4 Likes

Tim’s Bassery… the best in rent-to-own and full-purchased bass guitars!

9 Likes

Great gifts!

4 Likes

That thumb is going to be so much fun. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok, so, it arrived just a few minutes ago. I’ve tuned it up and played on it the 6 songs I know… what a joy. And what a surprisingly amazing sounding instrument. I tried to get some good outdoors pictures to really show the finish and condition, but alas and alack, I am not that good of a photographer. So here are some inside pics:

This is a Carvin TBS-4, the Timothy B. Schmitt (bassist for The Eagles) signature bass. It’s very close to an LB20, but has a thinner neck, a shapelier body, two H50N stacked humbucking pickups, and only one knob: volume.

They seem to be pretty darned rare; they were only made (or at least, are in the Carvin catalog) for three years, I think, and this was the first one I’d ever seen for sale aftermarket. Truth be told, this is the first one I’ve ever seen in person. And this one is in super mint condition. Here are some more pics:

Here are the crappy outside pics I took:

24 Likes

Hello Mr Carvin, I’m pleased to meet you.

5 Likes

@Al1885 we need to teach him the photo tricks it taught you!!

4 Likes

Brother @JustTim that is soooo cooool!

5 Likes

Fantastic looking bass @JustTim

5 Likes

Very cool. Congrats.

Somebody got busy carvin’ on that baby.

3 Likes