Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Very nice! I love matte white, looks great on its own, but also gives almost unlimited options for pickguards.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s an awesome color, and a killer bass congrats!

5 Likes

That headphone preamp is really cool. Beautiful bass too. Hope your wait goes by quickly.

4 Likes

That looks lovely!!

5 Likes

Beautiful!

4 Likes

I had been too. I actually had a chance to buy One of these in a different color for less than this one but I knew Iā€™d regret it if I didnā€™t get the purple one.

5 Likes

I would 100% have picked that purple too. Very cool.

5 Likes

The only thing I would have picked differently is I would have gone with the Mercalli. That purple burst is a beaut.

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes, Iā€™ve tried many strings and the Cobalt Flats sound best on this bass. Great strings! :ok_hand:t5:

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I love white. So many options for pickguards! :+1:t5:

4 Likes

Well, I have a new addition to my bassment - an LTD D-4. Got it used for a decent price from GC. I have a limit of 3 basses, so I had to sell one to get this, so I sold my G&L L2000 Tribute. I absolutely loved that bass, but at 11lb 10 oz, it got to be too much after 30-45 minutes of playing. The LTD is 3 lbs lighter, which makes a huge difference on my aging body :rofl:.

Restrung the D-4 with some RotoSound SS strings, and Iā€™m really happy with the way it plays and sounds. It needs a little help in the looks department, so I have a new bridge and knobs on order for it (due to the level of corrosion), and when they come in, Iā€™ll strip it down and refinish the mahogany body and neck w/ Tru Oil. Looking forward to getting the finish up to the same level as the sound!

16 Likes

Oh cool, I donā€™t remember seeing a D-series before. Very nice.

3 Likes

My Mayones Jabba custom build shipped from Europe yesterday. It will be delivered to Texas day after tomorrow via UPS International. What a world!

This is a quick video my dealer made shortly before boxing it up for its trans-Atlantic journey

21 Likes

That is a beautiful bass. Incredible detail and craftsmanship. Not a color I wouldā€™ve thought of but a color that Iā€™d like to now have. What are the controls on the back next to the battery cover?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the internal power supply and various setting controls. It has a USB-C charging port for the headphone amp, and some other stuff Iā€™ll need to learn about once I get the bass.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a very cool bass!
Also, a very cool idea to have a headphone jack built-in, as well as the magnetic covers for battery cavity.

6 Likes

My Dingwall has this. I donā€™t know why most manufacturers persist with a clip opening, or worst still, freakinā€™ screws, for the battery compartment.

6 Likes

Dingwall, Mayones and other boutique basses often incorporate innovations earlier than many other bass manufacturers will eventually embrace. But, whatever. As long as we all are fortunate enough to have basses of any pedigree in our hands, all is good. :+1:

8 Likes

I donā€™t mind the instruments with separate battery compartments with latches but having to unscrew the electronics cover to get to the battery sucks for basses that do not have separate compartmentsā€¦

7 Likes

My Spector has this. Itā€™s a bit of a pain, but to be honest, you donā€™t actually have to change the battery that often.

4 Likes