Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

That neck!!!
Congratulations @AnotherJosh

6 Likes

I just wanted to show off my Generic Pbass and Mr. 5 string. One has neon orange strings and the other has neon yellow strings.

Then I cracked pickup cover screw hole. Replacing the rubber under each pickup screwed in the body, not into a pickgaurd.

7 Likes

I just wanted to show off my Generic Pbass and Mr. 5 string. One has neon orange strings and the other has neon yellow strings.

Then I cracked pickup cover screw hole. Replacing the rubber under each pickup screwed in the body, not into a pickgaurd.

3 Likes

Very cool, love the neon strings on a dark body! We also have a thread to showcase your basses Show Us Your Basses (Part 2) - #644 by Mac

4 Likes

Thank you for the compliment… My Generic Pbass used to have neon pink strings with a single 100K volume pot with a treble bleed circuit. Now besides the obvious neon orange strings. The split coil Pbass pickup. I cut the wire that connects each coil. Wired a 250K push pull volume pot. Now I have the option to play in series or parallel. I’ve seen that thread. Under the bass thread. The first one is introduce yourself. So that is what I did. I can’t wait till my Harmony H906 medium scale bass done. I using the stratocaster (boat) output jack. Instead of having in the pickgaurd.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Show Us Your Basses (Part 1):

Didn’t realize it when I bought it @JoshFossgreen but my Washburn ABT Force looks an awful lot like your main bass.

I’m in love with it. Her name is Rosewood.

14 Likes

My 40th birthday was yesterday and I’d decided to treat myself to a bass and amp! I’ve been learning electric guitar since mid-2020 when I bought one mid-lockdown (and then bought an electronic drum kit in mid-2021 during our second big lockdown; sensing a theme here :joy:), and a friend of mine bought himself a bass recently and I thought “Y’know, what a good idea, and that’d make for a great birthday present!”

So here we are! Yamaha BB434 and an Orange Crush Bass 25 amp.

28 Likes

Happy Birthday!

6 Likes

Welcome, Happy Birthday, and Happy New Bass Day! Good call on the burst finish. Sooo pretty.

7 Likes

Cheers! Yeah it’s so pretty. :smiley: I definitely found with my guitar that you really need something you love the look of, that makes you want to pick it up and start playing whenever you walk past it. I’d explicitly wanted a passive bass and was looking at the Fender Player ones but I just REALLY didn’t like the styling (and it turns out they’re almost twice the price of the Yamaha anyway).

5 Likes

Welcome and Happy Birthday! Nice choice for a first bass.

7 Likes

Welcome, @nick. HBD and congrats on the 434.
That’s on the short-list of the ones I’m considering to replace my current loaner. :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Excellent choice for bass and amp.

5 Likes

Great to have you here @nick

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @nick, nice Yammie

5 Likes

My teenage wall with my first Bass : Prodipe Bass Precision (Made in France).
Thx You @JoshFossgreen for all you share with us ! Everyday you bring me the joy to learn !

15 Likes

What a beauty! XLNT choice, how do you like it? Moreover, how is the responsiveness re: the p/u’s, etc?

4 Likes

Nice old school Pbass!

5 Likes

I adore it. It’s a joy to play.

I’m still learning about gear. I believe these are songle coil active pickups. Not sure much else after that.

The sound is warm but I can make it punchy if I want to. My wife noticed a substantial improvement between the sound on it and the loaner bass I was using.

The feel is incredible. I can move up and down the neck with ease. My right hand is a lot more comfortable on it than the loaner. The pickups are just right for resting my thumb on whether playing at the bridge or higher.

So glad I waited. It’s a lot of bass with great value for what I paid.

3 Likes

Here’s an update because I’m thrilled! More than GAS it was finally finding IT. It’s a 2008 Squier P-Bass Special, the predecessor of the Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe Lines.
Rosewood fretboard, 39mm nut like a JB, it is a PG in metallic black. A friend who is a professional luthier and bass player set it up and tought me. He’s used to high end instruments and said its p-bass tone is not bad. And then I got to try it out on a 1967 Ampeg Portaflex!!! Anyway, sharing joy. That’s my gear. The Mustang with flats, the Squier with rounds, a SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver, an EHX Bass Clone and a Laney RB2 amp. For the sake of less is more. Cheers! (I had to include the pics of the Ampeg)

15 Likes