Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

What are your thoughts on the B-15N?

4 Likes

Congrats. Glad you found the bass you love.

5 Likes

I really don’t have experience with amps so all I dare saying is that I have had the chance to play a little with this B-15 and the vintage SVT with 8X10. (No other real amps other than my Laney, not one). I immediately loved the classic SVT tone (and love it) but the B-15 has such a clarity in the lows and definition in the highs. I would love to have one but just as some people have a classic cars for Sunday.

3 Likes

Thank you, @MikeC! I love the thin neck and it feels played in. It has a good vibe! And with the setup it plays really smoothly.

3 Likes

Checklist:

Boy turning 12 who wants a bass guitar. Check.
Last sunburst one he liked on sale. Check.
Proper multi effect pedal to manage the volume of the learning curve. Check. Thanks @Wombat-metal

Since he’s been playing my living room bass he’s already requested strap locks and flat wounds. I happen to had some short scale LaBellas and a pair of Dunlop locks ready to go on. About to do that now. One more BassBuzzer in the family.

34 Likes

Fantastic :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That is absolutely rad.

4 Likes

Congratulations to the new buzzer! Is that a mikro bass?

5 Likes

That has got to make you smile

5 Likes

My new toy

23 Likes

Yessir it is. Originally he wanted the blue one but saw the sunburst and really dug it. We were looking a couple weeks ago and it was down to between that one and a short scale Ibanez Talman as far as looks go. He preferred the burst and Pitbull Audio had the one left so we ordered it and hid it under the bed for a couple weeks. My wife didn’t want me to tear into it until he’d opened it and were sure he was keeping it. As you can see on his face he dug it. Fret ends were very good. Action needed to be a bit lower. Filed the nut just a bit to keep the playing easy at the far end let the truss rod out a touch to take some of the extra unnecessary fret slap out. It’s still there when you dig in but the playing dynamics are quite good. He had a good time with the Zoom pedal and picked a chunky metal sound. That was after I talked him out of a setting called “Explosion” which he enjoyed for the simple amount of uncomfortable exploding sounds. We did discover there was something called a Dark Pre in the settings and did the hint of Dark Glass thing really well. I might need to buy another one for myself.

7 Likes

Oh man, that is beautiful! I’m starting to get GAS now. Did the case come with it?

5 Likes

You totally need a Ricky @JerryP

5 Likes

That is awesome! Good for you in doing this and good for him receiving the same! The reason I ask is because this is the one I purchased myself and just love it!

5 Likes

That’s awesome @Reasonably_Happy he looks so reasonably happy, lol.

7 Likes

Niceee!!! @alexmorrison14 love the binding.

5 Likes

I have a short scale Hofner but if another Mikro pops up for decent money I may get another. Really impressed with the saddles and bridge overall actually. Unexpected good design for a budget item.

3 Likes

Great to see a youngster getting into bass, good luck with it young man​:+1::grin::sunglasses:

Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Yes it did as standard. I have a generic gator case but the Ric has a unique shape.

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes