Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Can you send me the link to that jaguar listing please. You didn’t get it yet right?

3 Likes

Nope, I didn’t purchase it. Here is the link to my earlier post with it: Show Us Your Basses (Part 2) - #6 by cheeze_pizza

Some quick and dirty math shows the parts might be had for $1200 with saavy buying. Perhaps better if willing to forgo some Hipshot items in favor of cheaper ones.

4 Likes

Well for one the Hipshot HB1 tuners and kickass bridge as well as string trees are made in Korea not USA.

$650-700 for body and neck shipped. Plus I would not build Jaguar that way, lol. I’d do it with Jaguar neck. P and jazz yes swap-able. It’s a one off and when you sell it it will hurt your pocket.

4 Likes

All true, but I still want it :rofl:

6 Likes

Make the guy an offer that works for you. If he bites, great! If he doesn’t, you can rest easy, knowing you offered what it’s worth to you, but it wasn’t meant to be. :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

That’s not good. Not because being made in Korea is bad, but because Hipshot made the choice that the USA ones are machined while the ones made outside of the US are cast. There’s really no comparison; cast parts are not nearly as well made as machined. This is one case where you want to buy their domestic model.

4 Likes

I would rather you buy it and just lend to me

7 Likes

Well, we both know how that would pan out. :grin:

4 Likes

You are right, I am aiming too low. We deserve better.

5 Likes

Absolutely!

4 Likes

Y’all should move to SoCal. We can hang.

4 Likes

Man, I’d love to visit! I hear the basses and food are pretty, pretty, pretty good at your crib.

6 Likes

Lol. It’s legendary I was told. By my subconscious, lol.

6 Likes

@Shibata looks like Bass o’clock

4 Likes

It has arrived.
Less than 5 days between clicking the buy button and it arriving on my doorstep from Japan. They even fitted a new set of my favorite Rotosounds before shipping.

Photos are under awful artificial light, but I’ll post some natural light shots after I’ve had a chance to oil the fretboard and detail the paint.

33 Likes

Very nice @HowlinDawg

5 Likes

Congrats, man!

5 Likes

And how do you like the bass? Owning a custom Warwick is a pretty big deal :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Very nice. Congrats!!!

5 Likes

Thanks @Mac @MikeC @Shibata

@Paul It’s literally just out of the box so early days yet. I’ll post more detail once it’s properly acclimated but initial impressions are that the fit and finish are off the chart and the sound is :metal:
I guess it is a big deal - I’ll admit to a mild dose of Imposter Syndrome when I unpacked it. :blush:

6 Likes