Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Bet it made a slurping sound when you oiled it :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s… effing rad, @John_E. For reals.

6 Likes

Here is my new bass for completing B2B.

32 Likes

Wow! What a great reward. I love everything about that bass, except that they obviously delivered it to the wrong address…

8 Likes

Yes!!! Awesome :slight_smile:
I love the 40th Anniversary P, and the Jazz has my attention too, lol.
Enjoy that beauty!

7 Likes

I was fighting with myself back and forth between the 2. In the end, I’m just a sucker for white binding on a blueish shade body, gold hardware are just cherries on top.

I’m still thinking about the vintage white, its satin finish on paint and neck is just simply awesome. The body finish is like baby powder, I have the same finish on my American Performer Mustang. I just love how it feels.

5 Likes

I sold a bass today and the buyer came and bought a bass and also checked out my Steve Harris build. He just flipped out and asked me if I want to trade with his MIJ Fender ‘51 Reissued, he went home and grabbed it. It’s very nice and I like it. Next thing I know we just shook hand and swapped, lol. Also comes with a nice vintage tweed Fender case.

I really love the simplicity of it, the craftsmanship is really on par with the custom shop i tried. It has Flats on right now, I’m debating whether or not to change.

Here it is

21 Likes

That thing was made for flats. They should sound great. Especially if you put TIJF’s on it.

6 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking too. Thanks

5 Likes

Anything else would be sacrilege!

6 Likes

What @EddieJones said, @Al1885. That bad boy should sound killer with a set of TI Jazz Flats on it. I have some on my Cutlass, and they rock hard.

6 Likes

You got a great deal @Al1885 !
I am going to be spying those when I am in Japan for sure.

6 Likes

Yeah I agree. TI flats should sound just awesome. It should stay flats to respect the genres. I was noodling around with it it’s genres specific but that’s exactly what I want in a bass, beside I already have the Squier version with rounds on it, I could always go there for that. This one has the SD Antiquity II on it with the white wires, it sounds good. If If I ever change it then it’d be the Fralin Split coil.

4 Likes

@Al1885 This one that you just picked up really tugs at my heart strings. The guy that literally lended me his bass played what I thought was the guitar version of this. A 51 tele. I remember him teaching me stuff with that tele. He would show me alternate ways of playing along with the guitar by playing it on the tele and I’d figure it out on the bass he let me learn on. Keep a tight grip on that bass my good man! You did some great trading today!

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E I think so too, I came out ahead on this deal for sure. I’ve never thought about shopping for basses oversea. I should definitely do that on the next trip.

Originally, my wife was going to take the kids to Thailand with my sister this summer and if the restaurant is not done by then, I would rent RV, load some fun basses and drive up to Texas to hang with a few awesome member like @MikeC, but the plan is still in the air right now, lol. It’d have been awesome but I’d be doing this all by myself.

5 Likes

Thanks @buzzroberts, I’m loving it so far. There’s definitely an appeal to have such simplicity. The ‘51 definitely represent that to a high degree in terms of looks and functionality. Plus the Made in Japan is still the benchmark in craftsmanship for fender, I’d be keeping this for a while for sure.

6 Likes

Come on over, @Al1885! Would love to see you, man.

4 Likes

If it happens that’s what I’d do.

3 Likes

That’s odd, my post from a few months ago has disappeared-unfortunate as I wanted to grab one of the pics I don’t have anymore.

3 Likes

I’m new here, only JUST completed Module 01…wish me luck!

27 Likes