Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

No luck required. Just practice. You got this.

6 Likes

Cleaned and set up.
Plays really well although still trying to find a comfortable hand position as to not rest anything on signature. I really donā€™t care at all about the signature but it adds too much value not to at least try.

Not sure who actually built this, no one knows for sure, Gene has never said, but itā€™s done very very well.

The roller saddles on the Schaller bridge are actually very cool, better than the Hipshot width adjustment.

20 Likes

That looks great on that wall of Kiss! @John_E have you consider a Clear coat over the autograph. Then itā€™s protected.

5 Likes

If you donā€™t need the buttons all the time, you can set them and put tape over themā€¦ only you wonā€™t be using them as much anymore. :thinking: I used to strum towards the volume dial and turn the volume down by accident which would be fixable with some tape - but I decided to get better with a pick and strum more towards the neck. So, in a roundabout way, I agree with @Al1885 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You got this, just keep plucking. Nice rig ya got there!

5 Likes

Nice bass. You need a rug to tie the picture together though!

6 Likes

Whereā€™s your rug to tie your room together?

5 Likes

I bet a nice rug would really tie that room together.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been reading about it but Iā€™m afraid to have it done and have something go wrong.
Apparently the silver marker runs very very quickly (much more than a sharpie apparently) and if you donā€™t do the coating ever so slowly and perfectly - you get a blobby mess.

Sad part is I wish the damn thing wasnā€™t signed.

7 Likes

I know how that feel. My Nathan East autographed BBNE2 have not been out of the case for over a decade, lol. I didnā€™t know about clear coat then but i put a vinyl clear tape over it.

5 Likes

That is one of the basses I want. Nice find

5 Likes

An alternative to flats would be DR Lo Riders, which is what Sting plays on his 51. Dusty used GHS Super Steels on his. Those are two round options.

I use TI Jazz Flats on my main bass, and DR Pure Blues on my Jazz (with the SCPB pickups)

I love the simplicity of the bass

5 Likes

Thanks guys, I ordered the TI flats already, although I have La Bella tape wound I actually have all 3 gold, white/gold/and copper they are different to the Dā€™Addario tape wound. They do sound great as well.

What do chaps think about this which one?

15 Likes

I think the second one will be more practical for playing

5 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s the Atelier pickup cover. They are not cheap but itā€™s a better fit than the traditional ones. I have it on my Marcus Miller, I love it.

4 Likes

Where do you get it? I could use one for my custom bass, donā€™t really like the using the SCPB pickup as a thumb rest

5 Likes

Also not surprised. Boh uses that cover on his Atelier Z basses over his P pickup

3 Likes

This is the cheapest one on eBay

5 Likes

Looks hot with the covers on.

5 Likes

Yeah I can feel the vibe. Iā€™ll wait til the TI Flats to get here and installed then Iā€™ll mount the covers on.

5 Likes