Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature.

4 Likes

I think it has to do with your rank on the forum. It usually takes giving Likes to posts and other criteria for the forum to “trust” new users. When a user has fulfilled the forum’s criteria, it is trusted and given a higher rank, with more privileges. It’s likely this is the situation.

If it’s a thing for you, explore the Badges section of your account to see what you’d need to do to get a higher rank.

6 Likes

I think you might be right. I got my “trusted” e-mail yesterday. Today, all my replies have the edit icon, the only one that remais without it is the mispoken. :rofl:

4 Likes

So, here’s the Squier Affinity Jazz bass I got in a trade that I mentioned elsewhere:

Great looking bass, and the more I play it the more I like it. I’m thinking of replacing the white pickguard for black.

15 Likes

How is it built? I had an Affinity Jaguar once, and it was a little rough around the edges when I got it. How is this one?

5 Likes

No tort?

5 Likes

Surprisingly well! I was a little… wary of the near unfinished neck, but the build quality of the body and the neck/fretboard is really nice. And the near unfinished neck is really growing on me. But yeah, the frets are good and leveled, with no sharp edges, and it’s super easy to play.

I can say that the tuners and bridge are a little rough… not in, like, build quality, but when the strings are tuned or the action is set. Other than that, I’m actually quite liking it.

No. No tort. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do it. It’s going to look so much better.

Amen to that.

5 Likes

Tort ftw.

But, hey, it’s not like it’s a classic on a Fender sunburst, or nothin’.

No accounting for taste. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I looked it up yesterday after @John_E sent pictures and store names, and the seller posted it had some dents on the neck that were not part of the relic process. In addition, some scrathes and fretwear. Sounds like it was played hard and put away wet :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I politely and affectionately Disagree!! Though a dark guard will really make the neck stand out more visually. If you’re into that sort of thing. Ano gold maybe?!

4 Likes

You have every right to be wrong. No one will fault you for that. :rofl:

I put ano gold right up there with tort, LOL.

4 Likes

A broken clock is right twice a day.

But a bass without tort is wrong all day long. :smirk:

3 Likes

Heresy!

7 Likes

I should just have everyone mail me their takeoff tort. It would make going to the mailbox much more fun than bills and krap.

5 Likes

:100: You got that right.

4 Likes

Good ole Sammy Ash had a 99th birthday sale recently where they had 20% off new basses so I jumped on adding this Flea Bass to the fray.

Sounds a bit warmer and more vintage than my other Jazz Basses but I’m digging it.

It has been slapped as well and that was quite enjoyable. I’m still struggling with some basics there but seeing improvements :grinning:

As for the tort guard, I’m not usually a fan but I think it works here.

17 Likes

Hey! Not sure if your trip is over yet but there’s a decent looking used Pro II at either Shimokura Used or Guitar Planet Bass in Ochanomizu (forget which, they are near each other though on the BigBoss side of Meidai Dori).

2 Likes

Here they are…my two purchases in Japan!

17 Likes

Tort definitely works with white. With other colors, not so much, in my opinion.

5 Likes