Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

@booker_t and @AnotherJosh, what’s the neck radius on a Yin Yang Standard?

3 Likes
Fingerboard radius: 10-20+" compound
Descriptor for neck shape: wide D
5 Likes

Thanks for the info, brother. That is badass.

5 Likes

I think everyone should give it a try if they have chance. It’s just to see what the hype is all about and whether this is indeed “better” than what you already have or otherwise dream about.

It’s a funny thing with basses (instruments) - just because they cost 9000 dollars doesn’t necessarily mean they are “better” than your 400 dollar favorite so far. We have had those discussions before and I don’t want to reopen them; just to say that you need to try one and perhaps it’s your dream bass and perhaps it’s not.

That Yin Yang looks absolutely gorgeous and it should play like a dream. In early 2020, I had a chance to play a Fodera Viceroy Deluxe at CME and… it didn’t impress me sufficiently to warrant its price tag. Perhaps that was due to my limited experience at that time, not knowing what to look out for, what to pay attention to. Maybe it wasn’t set up well (doubt that, though). Or, maybe it was because I - just minutes before - had met a Mayones and magic had started to happen…

My point: try one if you get a chance! What someone else likes or experiences isn’t going to tell you how this instrument feels to you :smile:

7 Likes

Well it’s true. There’s no secret I love MusicMan, I’ve been telling several of my friends when they want to move up from the Sterling Stingray (ray 34/35) to the EBMM, they are about the same. The build quality and the tone are almost the same. All but one, bought the EBMM and found out for themselves that they are almost the same. To most people, that’s the price of admission, lol.

I have my eye on a Purple Heart YinYang. Gorgeous!

8 Likes

Congratulations @AnotherJosh . She’s a real beauty

5 Likes

Hello! Brand new here, my primary art is ink work, so I decided to laser engraved my art on my bass and repaint it! Peavy T-40 from the attic lol.

25 Likes

Great work, @LoopyBEAST. Really original. :+1:

4 Likes

Cool! Reminds a bit of this:

My all-time favorite pinball machine!

5 Likes

Wicked!

5 Likes

That is so cool. Nice (ink) art!

We also got a thread on tattoos: Ok, I will start it. Show us your tattoos

6 Likes

I must confess to being on Sweetwater and looking at all the Fodera things. Thinking. Heavily. Wondering if I could really part with the bb1200 too make that happen… That is all for now.

5 Likes

That’s fantastic!

And that is a fantastic bass, I love mine!

5 Likes

You have had the distinct, rare experience of having held, played and heard a few Foderas. That’s a great thing. Keep thinking and evaluating your options, man. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

5 Likes

I get it, I have been looking at them new/used for awhile now. I was trying to decide if it was worth it a couple of months ago, and someone scooped it up before I made a decision. I can’t tell you if it is worth what Fodera charges, but I can tell you it has the best fit and finish of any bass I have had the opportunity to pick up. And that neck… a compound radius is no joke.

5 Likes

Well @AnotherJosh, you and @booker_t have set off a chain of events.
Outcome TBD.
Tadaaa inevitable.

9 Likes

Dooo eeeeeet!!!

5 Likes

So it’s a serious neck?

7 Likes

Really glad for you, @AnotherJosh. It’s absolutely fantastic.

5 Likes

Serious as a heart attack :broken_heart:

8 Likes