Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Congrats, brother. It’ll love you, so just love it back. Absolutely happy for you.

12 Likes

The general budget/wife explanations would always have made me put the Yin Yang on the pipe dream list. And then I played one.
If every bass felt like that and was that versatile in tone, one Yin Yang could be all I needed. That’s not blowing any sunshine. Genuinely that good. If I got rid of my army of 2-500 dollar things I could offset most of it. Well now that I type that out loud… :face_with_monocle:
Congrats @AnotherJosh for killer acquisition and @booker_t for the modified perspective.
Look honey! There’s room under the bed!!

7 Likes

Sheesh - quite the acquisition! Huge congrajalumations… or something :wink:

8 Likes

That’s the ticket!

You can also use, "Look how much I saved (in theory)!

It apparently makes sense to her when she says it. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s never a good idea unless it’s her idea. Lol

5 Likes

Does she know your harem of basses cost $200-500???

If you “clean house” of those puppies, and replace them with ONE gorgeous-ass bass, I bet that would go a long way towards making Mama happy. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I used to hide them and lie or always say it was a trade. I don’t anymore. If she asks what I traded or what it’s worth I tell her the truth. She asked me how many pedals I had. At the time I said 65. Then she asked how many guitars and basses but before I answered she said “Nevermind, I don’t want to know.” There would definitely be some space in the house. And if the average value was 300 bucks, they could cover the Yin Yang. Not sure I would trade EVERYTHING… I am still a guitar player as well. But if they ALL fit in the hall closet when I was done, which is currently full too, she would be a very happy girl and the Yin Yang club would be a little bigger.

7 Likes

I love it when a plan comes together! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Expensive road trip @Reasonably_Happy :sunglasses:

5 Likes

What I’m hearing is that I should never even touch a Fodera.

8 Likes

Unless you want to delve deeply into creative financial thinking, it’d be best not to come within fifty feet of a Fodera. And even that might be too close for safety.

6 Likes

I said nothing like that. Lol. I think everyone should. At least once. It may not be financially achievable for all, but to know how easy an instrument should be to play might demand us to ask more of the people who set our gear up. Or learn to make it that much better ourselves.

5 Likes

Somehow I have ended up getting two basses in quick succession

2006 Fender Precision PB62 CIJ (Dyna Gakki)

In nice Fender Japan color OCR (Old Candy Apple Red)…took a few goes to get a photo that conveyed the deep red tone correctly…I swapped to a green pearl pickguard, trying for a kinda garish/lurid looking combo
It is to be my tapewound P bass…it is same model (and most importantly same neck size) as my other pbass to make swapping between them easy for me

1995 Ibanez ATK300 MIK

Active bass with a selectable ‘triple coil’ pickup…love the almost furniture like orange of this ATK…this ’stingray killer’ is in such pristine condition for a ’95, I suspect it has hardly been played (seems to still have its factory strings on!)
It was more of a medium term idea of mine to get a humbucker bass option, but I had to get this when I saw it due to condition, ATKs reputation and low cost

17 Likes

That makes a lot of sense.

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend anyone try one, the Fodera made at least 3/4 of my hoard obsolete and makes me feel that all my previous acquisitions were ignorant and misguided :face_with_peeking_eye:

9 Likes

Oh man! @AnotherJosh you are the YinYang Man! That would have been my first Fodera too. I bet it makes you feel like the Woot!

7 Likes

See what you did @booker_t! Now I’m looking at one, lol. Can’t get the Fodera right now not til my second BBNE2 arrive in October. Then we can talk about it, :joy:

6 Likes

BBNE2… Another Nathan East. Very nice machine there.

4 Likes

Absetootly!

5 Likes