Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Rug shmrug. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That room is masterfully tied together with the dazzling wall color and copious amount of basses. :star_struck:

5 Likes

Great start but you’ve got plenty room for more, even after the Stingray. Keep ‘em coming!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Kennocha . I hope you realise that if you were looking for someone to dissuade you from buing basses, you couldn’t have picked a worse address.

I mean, this is the iniquitous den of GASer Hood and his Merry Band of Enablers.

Oh, BTW, there’s not a single Peavey bass on that hanger.

5 Likes

Nice. I am guessing the Dingwall and Spector are on the floor because those are the two keepers you actually play? :rofl:

Nice finish on the far right Ibanez BTW, looks a lot like my TRBX604 did.

Very nice set of instruments there.

5 Likes

Nice! Is that 5 string a Euro Spector?

1 Like

I play them all, some definitely more than others but each has their own place.

It’s a NS Dimension 5: NS Dimension 5 - Spector Bass

Haven’t ever played a Peavy that I thought I couldn’t live without. I am sure if that changes, I’ll impulse buy it too. Kind of what happened with the Rick and the Dingwall lol.

6 Likes

Over the last few weeks I’ve found the Fender “Everyday P”, with LaBellas, to be an absolute joy. The “Everyday J” just arrived.

22 Likes

Congrats, man! Your “everyday” is most everybody else’s “Sunday” :joy:

6 Likes

No disrespect intended to anyone by that. Trust me, I’m managing pennies, and care about each instrument. These just make “sh*t happens” a little easier. A recent road trip (almost 2000 miles each way) to Tennessee with the girlfriend and dog
 10 days with no bass. I need something that can stay out on a stand, travel (though I rarely do), and to guarantee that grandkids lives aren’t cut short by me.

13 Likes

Fender American Performer PJ

15 Likes

I do like that PJ.

5 Likes

I did that many, many years ago
 from SF to Knoxville - quite the trip!

Good choice on the PureBlues - great strings!

I know
 I was just trying to be funny (doesn’t always work out
 just ask my wife :rofl:)

6 Likes

The Pure Blues (which I’ve yet to try), and LaBellas are all a recent result of Bassbuzzers. When I started with Fender I used Fenders, Sadowsky, I used his strings, and Fodera’s on the Fodera’s
 until now. When I got the Fender P, i picked up LaBellas and The DR’s based upon input here and then a little research. The LaBellas are running laps around the Fodera strings.

7 Likes

I really like both the tone and the feel of the Pure Blues - they are my second favorite (after the TI jazz rounds). Both have round cores.

6 Likes

I had set-ups, string changes, and an an eval and inspection of the new P done a few weeks ago. The DR’s are on, I just haven’t got off the Fender P yet. Looking forward to trying them and again, happy with the suggestions and forum education that has helped (led to), bass, pedal, string, and accessory purchases and knowledge
 as well, as the “actual playing” stuff.

6 Likes

Preach!

5 Likes

Congrats, @booker_t! Another hottie added to the fam. :saluting_face:

5 Likes

Congratulations @booker_t ! Nice pair of basses.

5 Likes

Next on the hit list, you oughta try Thomastik-Infeld strings. Both TI Jazz Flats and TI Jazz Rounds are absolutely exceptional.

I have TI flats 43-100 (JF344) on my EBMM Cutlass and they are soooo easy to play. In all my string explorations, I’ve never played better flats (to my ear and hands) than TI.

TI Jazz Rounds are on my Mayones. Love 'em.

TIs do require a setup tweak as they are lower-tension than regular strings, but that’s no big deal. Their playing and tone are more than worth the effort.

5 Likes

That’s awesome @booker_t love matching P&J.

Funny you phrased it Everyday Bass. After spending a few weeks on the warwicks and the Ibanez and other contemporaries style when I went back to the Ps and Js it feels like old pairs of comfy socks.

Disclaimer: the Fenders were not the basses I started out. I had Yamaha Motion bass then Spector, Tobias and Ken Smith. None were mainstream style body yet the fenders were just comfortable.

6 Likes