Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Big congrats on your great new bass! That’s a wise choice.

The Sire V7 is a killer Jazz. Marcus Miller not only designed it but he’s also played one on stage and in recording sessions for years. And his actions speak louder than a mere mortal’s words.

My new V8 is a souped-up version of the V7 (Swamp Ash body, high-mass bridge, lightweight tuners, etc.), and I love it. Its crazy amount of playability, tone options and overall single coil Jazz-goodness make me smile - and play - every time I pick it up. I just have to replace the D’A strings for TI Jazz Rounds and it’ll be perfect.

Have tons of fun with your new Sire!

5 Likes

Although you are technically correct, @bouty bought a P7, not a V7 :wink:

For an MIJ Aerodyne, that’s a steal! This is my dream/grail bass as well, but they never go for less than €1000 over here… And that’s the black ones, the red ones are even more expensive. Are you sure it’s a 32" scale though? I didn’t even know these came in shorter scales than 34" :thinking:

4 Likes

Oops! Mea, mea culpa! Sorry about the f***kup.

5 Likes

Sorry about the mixup regarding your new Sire. I saw your post about your new bass and I mistook the Jazz pup in your photo to be on a V7.

Multi-tasking is generally a good way to screw up several things at once.

7 Likes

It seems they made a non export model in medium scale. Dates don’t quite seem to tally though.

Fender Aerodyne Medium Scale Jazz Bass (Japan non export model)

This version of the Aerodyne Jazz is similar to the other Japan non-export models, except that it has two (DiMarzio-designed, but manufactured in Japan) J-style pickups instead of a stock P/J pickup configuration. It also has a medium 32"-scale length (812,8 mm) which plays just like a regular Jazz Bass with a capo at the first fret. The medium scale permits the use of slightly heavier gauge strings while retaining the same “feel” (string tension) as a standard long 34"-scale bass. Production of this model began in 2003 (prior to the introduction of the USA model) and the earliest examples had the model number AJB-90M/DJ. In 2007, the medium scale bass acquired the model number AJB-M/DJ and was offered in Black, Olympic White and Gun Metal Blue. Discontinued in early 2008.

3 Likes

Right, I missed the fact that it has JJ instead of PJ pickups… Still, a lovely instrument! I’m a bit jealous :wink:

4 Likes

Great choice! I can’t lie, that darker tort pick guard kinda makes me wanna swap the pearl one on the white V8 for a black one now :joy:

They’re all cracking basses nonetheless :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I found my MIJ Aerodyne the same way, browsing the Pensacola GC while on a business trip. Have fun with it and enjoy!

2 Likes

Have you tried using the serial number lookup?
https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/

2 Likes

Or you could have asked @John_E, :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah was gonna say, he’s basically a Aerodyne Curator.

3 Likes

Wow! It’s almost done, they are making the knobs right now. It will be done soon, hopefully, :joy: It’s so tiny.

25 Likes

I picked up a MM Sterling Dark Ray when GC had 15% off Thanksgiving weekend. I haven’t had much time to play with it, but I like it so far!

25 Likes

Whaaaallll!!! What a tremendous beautiful bass! It is very much my taste… hehe… Congratulations!

3 Likes

That cream-purple JB has some serious style, hope you got a matching purple suit and cream shirt for playing it :smiley: I love how well everything matches, even those shiny pickups

5 Likes

Wow. It’s beautiful.

I love the looks of that pickup

10 Likes

Oh well, I decided to “follow the leader” @JoshFossgreen and was lucky enough to be able to find and buy here in Brazil a Peavey Cirrus 4 USA from 2001. I am just very much in love!..

@JoshFossgreen please, tell me the exact model of the hipshot tuners (which look identical to the original) you use in yours. I believe there are two different types (one for each side of the headstock), right? Also, did you manage to find good knobs for your baby? Thanks in advance and for the great inspiration!..

30 Likes

Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Stealth-4
Seems like a decent bass, time will tell (when I get better at playing lol). I really like the look and style of it. Thinking about changing the strings for colored ones, maybe blue, my favorite color. Pretty sure it needs a serious work-up. After watching Josh’s work-up video, I think doing a work-up on this thing is going to be a pain. I am guessing I am removing the neck to adjust the trussrod. :thinking:

18 Likes

Nice.

Now you need a banana tattoo

14 Likes

Man in Black

Your truss rod is in the neck, underneath that Schecter plate held on with the 3 screws

And I plan to let my new bass sit for a few days or a week, and let it acclimate before I adjust my truss (hint hint)

7 Likes