Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

in my opinion, a small amp is always a good thing to have (and keep over years).

I have a few small guitar amps, I love them and I use them more than my big amps.

I’ve had a small Ibanez bass amp but it was crappy, I’d like to find a small yet good bass amp.

1 Like

Did someone say Orange? Super excited that my new bass amp just got here. The cat is less excited. I’d been playing through the guitar amp up until now.

12 Likes

It’s… orange!
@T_dub will love this. :smiley: And I don’t particularly dislike it either. :smiley:

Also: you do bicycle racing?

1 Like

Sharp eye! That’s the wife’s hobby. That’s her trainer just out of frame. I got her set up so she can tip the bike up vertically when she’s not using it to save space, and then bring it down to ride and watch Netflix haha

2 Likes

mental not to self: do not try and pull anything over peterhuppertz.
i had to look at the picture a few times before i noticed what looks
a pair of sidi bike shoes.
good eye, mate.

3 Likes

I need to see the bike. :grin:
The lounge is there for a reason. We even have a bicycle shed there.

1 Like

This is my bass. As I explained in the introduce yourself thread it was a birthday gift for my father. He didn’t use it a lot and this is how It was returned after the setup in the shop.
Apart from the setup the guy in the shop oiled the neck. I think the neck didn’t feel as good when it was new.
It’s a Ibanez GIO but not the same model as in the review video. (If you know which one this is exactly let me know)

Looking forward to actually buying one myself, but I want to focus on serotonine by accomplishments, not purchases. So for now I keep enjoying playing on this bass.

Yes, that’s me in the reflection and no my socks are not non-matching. Those are matching socks, both black. Dunno what the light did.

5 Likes

My Ibanez has the model number on the back of the head. You should be able to find yours there. If not, I’m sure someone else on here can tell by the picture.

1 Like

So It’s a GIO Made in China.
Just kidding. I mean it’s really made in China, but I couldn’t find the model number anywhere. The back of the head is just black.

1 Like

Hell yes I love those.
I actually found an Orange Crush B20, in like new condition, on “Let Go” for $30. I am gonna get it We’d. I just got my SWR Workman 15 with a Workman 4x8 cab (cab is in storage), but for $30 I can’t pass up the super portable practice 20w 1x8” amp.
Plus it’s Orange, and Matches my SR300, GSRM20 and Schecter Stiletto Elite-5.

And it’s Orange. They list at $189, and reverb has a used one for $100.i can’t pass this up.

Oh, and BTW…
After I get that amp, I am removing the “Let Go” and “Offer Up” Apps from my phone and IPad.

After today, and We’d when I get the Amp, I have knocked out my GAS demon.

I got the Orange GSRM20 that listed on Offer Up last night, literally right after I posted on here how much I wanted an Orange Mikro, for $90 today.

Plus…
Plus…

It’s not orange, but, I got the ESP LTD B4-E today too. I could not resist. Got it for $370. He wouldn’t go $350 @howard, even tho I told him you told me to ask :joy:

I don’t have a recent pic with me right now, but it is this one.

That’s it. Other then the couple pedals I am getting, I am done, completely for a long time.
No more Basses, no more amps. Only pedals and recording equipment.

Man that ESP is nice. The Mikro is great too. Almost as brand new as the ESP

8 Likes

That ESP is really pretty. All the different woods look great together. :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

I know, right. Because she is so sexy, I had to invite her back to my place. :wink:

And that Mikro, crazy it popped up for sale within hours of me saying I wanted an orange one. The GAS god sure knows how to yank my chain.

Or GAS Demon more like it.

I sent him into hibernation for now tho.

2 Likes

Awesome! $370 is a good price for that. You could sell it used for around there or not much less.

2 Likes

The grey bit is shadow, not the sock itself.

The GIO is nice! I am very partial to black bass guitars…

1 Like

Oh maaaaaaan… that is a beauty!

2 Likes

New family portraits.

First the mom and dad that started it all. (Again for fun)

The triplets just flown in and delivered by the Stork.

The whole happy family

That’s it. Family complete. The Mom (Ibanez GSR200). Is going on the pill.
If any other kids show up, Daddy (Schecter Stiletto Elite-5) is gonna get snipped.
And if any show up after that, Mommy is getting the tubes tied.

Just gonna have to wait til the gods grow up and get married. Then down the road there will be grand kids. Oh boy…

For now just gonna play with the kids, feed them, nurture them, watch them grow up and learn to talk, sing, play with friends, get an education, and find their place in this world. After they have a good career and are established, then they can get married, and kids to follow.
(Of Course I am talking about me getting better, and becoming a real true musician on bass)

I just hope none of the kids bring home any bastard children in the mean time.

I will say that I am completely happy and satisfied with what I have and I have no desires for anything more

For now.
To be cont.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::roll_eyes::thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking::roll_eyes::wink::joy::crazy_face::roll_eyes::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Famous last words? :wink:

3 Likes

I could use a little support here @peterhuppertz.

I don’t need any encouragement to fail…
Stop living vicariously thru me :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hi @Schmeep
Here is the framus bass

And a few others
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Nice family @T_dub👍
They all look comfy and cozy on the couch​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes