Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

4 basses?
Yep, you are in the right place :smile:

6 Likes

IT has arrived.
happy happy
I am officially a MM owner.
Need to adjust the setup cause the guy had it super low.
It is still mint for sure.
Will give it a proper clean and set up and have some fun tonight.
Already love the tuners and the lightweightness of this bass, WOW.
I can’t believe I got this thing for only $1600, retails for $2800

21 Likes

Very nice, @John_E . . . :+1:

Congrats, good luck with it, and happy playing . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes

That is undoubtedly the best looking Stingray I’ve ever seen. :heart_eyes:

Enjoy it!

8 Likes

I want one. She will make you very happy

8 Likes

The story I’m about to tell you will sound very far fetched, but I guarantee it’s true. I have a hard time believing this happened, and had an even harder time explaining this to Sara.

Here goes:

I was having lunch with some friends at my American Legion post today, when in walks a couple of dudes, announcing they have a large trailer full of brand new products that Amazon had sent them to give out to worthy organizations. They chose the American Legion because we are (mostly) all veterans. They went on to invite all veterans to go out to the trailer and pick out one item, the only catch being we had to do a short interview for their Facebook page.
Needless to say, we all dropped our tacos and raced out to the parking lot and dashed to the trailer. When I walked into the trailer and scanned the boxes, one familiar shape caught my eye. It was that elongated pyramid shape that we all know to contain a guitar of some sort. I elbowed my way through the crowd and grabbed it, then exited the trailer and did my interview.
I went back into the post and opened the box to find, lo and behold, an acoustic / electric bass! Needless to say, I was aglow.
It’s a no-name (Janerock?), but what the heck, it’s free. I haven’t played it yet, but as long as it sound even halfway decent, the price is right.

27 Likes

Hahaha, now that’s amazing.

7 Likes

That’s incredible!

I’ve seen pallets of Amazon returns being sold in Brooklyn basically “by the pound”.

I figured their would be good deals in there somewhere!!!

8 Likes

It was placed in there especially for you, Pam. :smile:

10 Likes

That’s amazing!

(The next time I need an excuse to explain the arrival of a new bass I’m gonna use this one! :wink: )

11 Likes

Karma is real. What a great day for tacos

10 Likes

I want a taco.

10 Likes

Congratulations! Be careful though… I read somewhere that free-bass-ing is highly addictive :crazy_face:

11 Likes

:taco::taco::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Nice pick up Pam @PamPurrs ,
Hope yo enjoy it,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Congratulations! @PamPurrs

6 Likes

Hell Yeah!!!1. Free.Ninety-Free is the best price around. :+1: :+1:
Sounds like we both lucked out with some Free goods today. It is a good start to the month of June. Lets hope it sticks around for the next 29 days.

I was given a coupon code for 2. not one, but TWO courses from Talkingbass.net from Mark today, as a thanks for being a subscriber to the now defunct, “All Access Pass”.
Mark is a class act all the way.

congratulations on your bass Pam. Does that count as you having 3 basses now? I think you get a pass since it fills a niche the others obviously can’t.

11 Likes

Yes Toby @T_dub I just entered the 3 bass club LOL

8 Likes

I had not even thought about that, brilliant. But, I don’t have anybody here to watch my bass collection grow anyway, guess I stopped thinking of excuses about 2 years ago.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oddly enough, it was not one of my addictions however.

7 Likes

I only need two basses…unless of course someone gives me one for free…
LOVE IT

5 Likes