Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

My collection in order of acquisition:
Hamer Slammer Series
Lyon LB40 by Washburn
My grandfather’s six string acoustic (age unknown)
Hofner Ignition Series Beatle Bass
Sterling by Music Man Ray24CA Stingray
Squire Classic Vibe '70’s P-Bass
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass

Not shown: Traveler Guitar TB-4P
Ibanez SR400EQM (currently residing in Hawaii awaiting my return this Thursday.)

17 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before. BassBuzzers are like the angel and demon standing on the shoulders, one for and the other against. The difference is that we’re all little demons egging each other and the would be buyer on :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

This is very true…almost reminds me of Animal House when Pinto is looking at his girlfriend passed out on the bed.

7 Likes

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
look I have will power, Bass!!! just one more

5 Likes

I used to cycle a lot and in cycling there’s generally the formula for the ideal number of bikes:

N+1

‘N’ being the number of bikes you already own.

I can see it being equally mathematically correct here too :laughing:

6 Likes

@JerryP that’s quite the collection!

Nicely wall mounted as art too, like it

7 Likes

Thanks @mikeyjayjay !

6 Likes

Nice collection @JerryP !

In other news I just made a big dent in my FGN ~ cries in a corner

6 Likes

Hard core aged!

It’s bound to happen - might as well get it out of the way! :wink:

7 Likes

Time for a purple sparkle bass @JerryP to add a dash of color :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Noooooooo!!! Now it is vintage?

6 Likes

Waiting for my first dent to use as an excuse to but another … :wink:

8 Likes

That might be a bit extreme… but, hey, any excuse to buy another bass will do :grin:

8 Likes

Ta da!!

Taking her home at the time of writing, looking forward to this evening :sunglasses:

17 Likes

It was the best of times… it was the worst of times.

My new bass showed up yesterday and at first look it was butterflies in the stomach, love at first sight, drop dead gorgeous! When i finally (an hour later) popped the case open, after seriously considering waiting the recommended 24hr acclimatization period… does anyone actually do that?!
…I mean, technically, it did sit at FedEx in my home town for a day before they were able to deliver it, on their 2nd attempt.
So, I called that acclimated, popped 'er open and was blown away with the 2tone mercury with silver metal flake paint that pictures can do no justice.
After the initial excitement leveled off, i got past the paint job and started looking closer thinking, alright… where’s the flaw?
Mile high action? Yeah, but that seems to be the norm for a new bass and an easy fix, nbd.
I found some light dull hazing and what looks like brush strokes going against the grain on the fretboard before and after the last fret.
…Nothin a couple drops of mineral oil on a Q-tip couldn’t fix and treating the rosewood once i swap the round wounds for flats was gonna happen anyway, so, again no big deal.
Then the tops of the pole pieces caught my eye, one set is completely flat, i don’t mean flush with the pup cover flat, i mean the surface of the pole pieces themselves look face milled flat, like what i’m used to seeing, but the other set is bevelled, almost rounded.
Fender fans, is this normal for an Am. Pro. ii P?
Maybe they’re supposed to be that way? Maybe not?
Maybe I’m gettin way to nit picky? But, shouldn’t they match? Notta deal breaker by any stretch, IF they sound good, but I couldn’t say how they sound, i haven’t plugged it in yet because when i found the ding in the pickguard at the truss rod hole it drew my attention to the stripped nut inside!!
Yup! There it is! There’s the flaw.
I don’t think its so rounded off that i couldn’t remove and replace it, don’t know tho …haven’t tried. I’ll call Sweetwater tomorrow & see what they say.
Not sure which way I’ll go with this, i don’t really want to send it back and wait on a repair, or a replacement for something that seems like such an easy fix, maybe they’ll send me a new nut, at the same time, i’ve spent enough time turning wrenches to know that it’s never an “easy fix”
Curious to hear your points of view, what would you guys do?

4 Likes

Sometimes the actual nut is deeper inside the truss hole. If that is not the case you should definitely send it back.

As with the pickups it doesn’t sound too weird, maybe you can make a photo of that too?

4 Likes

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the reply, I’ll check more into it tomorrow, maybe i’ll get lucky and that banged up metal isn’t the actual nut, also, i sent a photo of the pole pieces, not sure how clear it is…not sure it matters either haha!!

2 Likes

That with the pickups seems to be common with P basses. Have seen it and have read others mention it before.

3 Likes