Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That SR500 is a good running guitar. It was one of the first to have the bartollini pick ups as a standard feature.

3 Likes

I play an SR500E and love it.

4 Likes

Hi @T_dub
It looks a little like a Warwick thumb neck through where the neck meets the body

3 Likes

That SR500 sounds like a fantastic deal if the neck is ok. You might want to keep it, they are great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s one thing I worry about. I would sell off the $R300 to make room, but I can’t. It’s Orange. But if I keep this one, I will string it orange.

2 Likes

Excellent solution!

DR has you covered:

3 Likes

That may be shadows. Idk, the pictures in the add were pretty dark, I brightened them up a bit.

So, update. He is leaving for a week. I could not meet him tonight, was too late. He asked if I could come in the morning, I answered yes, and asked what time and for an address, and he never responded.
I asked again a few hours later and no reply.

I hope he didn’t sell it. I mean I get it, first come first serve, but I hate when they are so rude and leave you hanging. It’s like, just say “I sold it to somebody else” and. I say, ok, thank you for letting me know, and move on.

It doesn’t take much to be courteous

I did get the VERY NICE Daisy Rock guitar for $20.

Gonna wait a week or two, research some for a good sale price, and flip it. Heck, if I get $80, I triple my money. $120 would be awesome. Quick $100. That’s a full to half of a New pedal for the chain, or something

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Here are my basses. On the left is my original one I bought in 2003, a Peavey Grind 5. On the right is my quarantine purchase, an Ibanez SR400 from 2017 (I’m assuming based on the serial number). I’m the first owner, so the poor thing sat in a store for years, unloved. I have cats too, who would ordinarily be all over the pics, but they’re in bed for the night.

14 Likes

Oh hell yeah, I didn’t even have to read the post to recognize those. I am jealous, A Peavey Cirrus is on my bass bucket list, thanks to @JoshFossgreen, with his gorgeous dou 4 and 5 string collection. Yours is a beauty as well. And I love my, and all Ibanez SR series Basses.

Very nice family you got started, when you get your next bass, post up pictures in the MBS (Multiple Bass Syndrome) thread. You are boy quite there yet. A 4 and 5 string couple is a good start, but they need some offspring, fast…

I am just kidding of course…

Or am I…:thinking:

Haha​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Welcome @Alzbeta,
Nice basses you have there.:+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi @T_dub,

I have taken a liking to Josh’s 4 string peavey.
What is something of that vintage worth over there.

2 Likes

You can find them in large price range @TNKA36. As low as $180 up to $700-$800, joshes may be worth more with his upgrades, “drop tuner” and other mods he has done.

There are cheaper (prob made somewhere cheap) bolt on neck ones, I saw as low as $164 I think, back when covid first hit. I tried to buy it from GC but when I went to check out, it had a
Ready been sold.

I figured if it was bad, I could return.

Then average they pop up between $350 and $600. Of course, many I find, I would have to “call for details”, and I don’t, so I have not found the price point where they can be neck thruinstead of bolt on

2 Likes

I have been looking over here and I haven’t even found one for sale?

2 Likes

I will find you some to look at. If you actually want one, I can help facilitate the deal, and ship it if necessary.

2 Likes

Hey @T_dub,
Your in Costa Mesa, when we are in the states we stay at Marriott residence inn in Torrance.
I bought my jazz bass from Lloyd choate when he had voltage guitars open on sunset.
He only sells online now.
We often visited the big shopping Center in Costa Mesa,
If I remember it’s just of 405?
I bought a 1996 Silverado extra cab short bed from delicious in Huntington Beach.

4 Likes

Delillos

2 Likes

DeLilos on Beach Blvd. Yep.
South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa / Irvine / Santa Ana, it’s almost in all 3 cities.
Or Fashion Island in Newport Coast / Corona Del Mar.

Before I went on disability, I was working for a customer of ours, on a long term project (5 months when I left, somebody else stepped in to cover and is still there, that kind of long term project) at Edelbrock in Torrance off Crenshaw and Torrance Blvd

I was also living on Beach and Warner in Huntington Beach, right behind the car dealers before I went on Disability

Small World

When do you come back?

2 Likes

Not sure when we will get back,
I have been to edelbrock, and to blower drive service , I think they are in Whittier?
When I was buying parts for my car

3 Likes

Yep, very small world :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Couple pics of the cars

5 Likes