Show us your first bass!

Mine too, but I did not end up keeping it.
I thought I might, since I did the B2B with it, but then I started running out of room, and my tastes changed / grew.

7 Likes

I got my Westone Thunder 1 for my eighteenth birthday in 1985. About 4 years later I bought an amp for it with my first wage (why do parents never know about amps?). And now after 35 years (and thanks to Josh and covid) I can finally actually play it. It’s been a long old road bud!

19 Likes

Welcome aboard @carpentertima,
sounds like you already had a great time doing the course.

cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Brian. I certainly have, it’s been a real tonic. I’m just going through the Final Quiz ‘badass’ tests and I’m happy to report my bottom is well on the road to certified badness.

5 Likes

Welcome @carpentertima!

3 Likes

Hi there @carpentertima welcome to the Forum!

3 Likes

Cheers Jerry!

3 Likes

Thanks glitch! Great thread.

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Like many others my first bass was an Ibanez GSR200. I bought it in March at the start of lockdown and learned to play on it. Then I bought a MiM P Bass as a B2B ‘graduation present’ and stopped playing this one so much.

I sold it a few weeks ago to buy a used Squier VM 70s Jazz Bass which I am very happy with, but it is still kind of sad to let go of the instrument I learned on. At least I sold it to another beginner who is pandemic-bored, so hopefully it can continue its purpose of churning out new badasses.

8 Likes

Love the colour :+1:

2 Likes

Got this P bass to learn on and this is all I play with. I love it!

14 Likes

Very nice @Davidmhuey . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love the mint green!

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Ibanez SR400. Still have it, although it just sits in the basement. Just prefer my Esp Ltd B-334 right now. I should string it with flats and see how that split-P sounds…

6 Likes

This thread died! I know there are more first basses for me to look at…

1 Like

First and only so far. Jackson JS3Q to learn on. I wasn’t impressed with the build quality, but after some tweaking it seems to play pretty well and I love the look with the black chrome hardware.

8 Likes

This is my Fender J-Bass in Daphne Blue. In honor of Deborah Harry, I named her Debbie. :grin:

15 Likes

Wow, what a beauty!

5 Likes