Show us your gig bags!

Depending on your budget Mono make their own bags that are designed to clip/attach to their own bass gig bag. $$$ but good quality.

2 Likes

Mono is very good quality. I bought 2 gigbags used and they still look like new. Still expensive for “just a bag” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I have one also and and can fit my B1XFour into one of the medium pockets, cables into the other, music and tablet in the big pocket, and batteries, picks, tools, earplugs and writing instruments into the small pockets.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, I’ve seen the pictures in the link earlier in the thread. That’s quite some pockets there :slight_smile:
But I’m thinking more of non-music-related stuff. In the sense that a couple of trips are coming up and possibly by train instead of car. I wondered if there is a way to reduce suitcase+backpack+gigbag to only suitcase+gigbag. The more stuff that fits in the bag, the better. The bass could end up staying home, it’s not necessary, but it would be nice to have it.
The double bag might be the most useful option in this scenario.

Thank you @John_E @Barney and @Wombat-metal for the suggestions

2 Likes

Everything about them is pure nostalgia and pure function at the same time. The sound of the clasps, the teddy-bear-plush interior, the smell of the wood frame and the adhesive, the texture of the tolex.

1 Like

@Wombat-metal Can that largest pocket oriented towards the bottom of your road runner fit a 3 ring binder (a little wider than magazine)? Im looking for a bag and that is probably my only concern.

I put 4 - 8.5x11 books in it and it wasn’t tight. I could fit 1 or 2 more in.

I didn’t have a binder

1 Like

Just an FYI @Poetik1 my Gator ProGo has a decent amount of storage. 16” x 12” x 3”

Soft lined pocket for iPad / pre amp etc

a

a1

https://gatorco.com/product/bass-guitar-gig-bag-g-pg-bass/

2 Likes

I’ve got a Gator ProGo, guitar version, for my Sire U5 (which is surprisingly long for a short scale). I had to take out the bottom pad to barely get it to fit in the bag.

@paolo.pfm, here are some pics of how large the bottom pocket is, including how a binder fits in it:

2 Likes

I’ve got a Gator pro too. The Roadrunner is a little clunkier than the Gator but is much better padded.

The Gator is a bit more convenient but doesn’t protect as well

Pick your poison

When I go to my lesson with the Gator I have to tune. With the Roadrunner I don’t. That’s the practical difference to me

How rough is the road to your instructors house?

hh

Standard roads in France and Belgium :laughing:

1 Like

I have to drive 7 miles to my instructor. In the snow. Up hill. Both ways.

1 Like

You get to drive?
…lucky.

1 Like

Luxury

k

5 Likes

@Wombat-metal That looks like the bag for me. Thanks for taking the time. I’m always with this binder and hate having to keep it elsewhere.

All my charts, notes, songs, etc. Its growing exponentially. Lol.

1 Like

I have a student who still has one of those gig bags that is, essentially, a thin piece of vinyl cloth with a zipper.
It is barely big enough to fit a bass, has no structural integrity so it just flops all around, and protects the bass from dust. And only big dust at that.
(I just spent too many minutes trying to find a photo of these abominations. Couldn’t find one. I hope you know of what I speak. I feel like everyone has encountered one of these in their lives in some way/shape/form.)

I think the manufacturers of these sins against bass-kind should have a mandatory buy back where they have to take back their terrible, offensive and unusable product and replace it with a cheap - yet actually useful - gig bag.
And apologize.
And give a back rub.
And a cupcake.

4 Likes

Rockbag bass deluxe has been great for me

Got one of those ‘bags’ with my Squier Affinity starter kit :grimacing:

1 Like

Fender’s standard gig bag is remarkably bad. Both of my $700 MIJ Fenders came in them. It’s like cheap thick fabric with no padding and a zipper. It’s basically a dust shield with a handle.

Yamaha’s are the best I have seen for reasonably priced instruments. Their midrange bags are as good as a bag you’d pay $50-100 for. Once you’re getting something like a TRBX604, BB734A or a guitar like a Revstar Standard, you’re getting a great bag.

1 Like