Show us your headstocks

Never took anything negative from it or saw anything negative from you. Your earlier comment was appreciated and funny as hell. It’s nice to be reached out to after one day on the site, and I truly appreciate the interaction, knowledge, ideas and bass camaraderie I see in the various forum post. It is especially reassuring to see that there are others who also are beginners and are choosing this path… gives me hope.

2 Likes

Just looked again at my post and just wanted to make clear (if anyone didn’t know ), that the bass is considered the bottom end (low deep sound), and I was referring to that and in no way referring to anyone’s stature or instrument. Let’s get to the top (playing goals) while holding down the bottom (rhythm).

3 Likes

Yeah, no worries, didn’t take anything bad from it. It’s a cool forum indeed! Welcome on your journey!

1 Like

• I wanted to share a pic from when I had GAS sickness. Six of these are left. Soon to be dropping two more as well (2 kids off to University - I have to adult now). I feel like I have survived the sickness, a few bumps along the way. Sadly, I am being serious, it got out of control - the hunt became the game. Fortunately, the ones left, will be profitable at some point. Most others were a loss. I have learned - (I think). Right now, I am still out of commission with a broken hand gone bad - nearly a year ago I think? Cheers folks - all the best.
13 Likes

Jealous…that is a BAD case of GAS there lol!

1 Like

Very nice!

4 Likes

Man. If I had to choose just one of these to see more of… that would be hard :slight_smile:

Probably the Wal.

3 Likes

pls don’t bully, it’s fragile. I figure I would throw my hat into the ring just for posterity as so few Gibson basses have the traditional headstock with the pearloid inlay

7 Likes

7 Likes

Does that two piece motif continue all the way down the fretboard?

Yes. However, there is no fretboard as such. The neck, including the headstock, is made of two pieces of maple split top to bottom. It looks really striking on the back.

1 Like

Looks better than any flame maple neck ive seen. I really like natural wood

2 Likes

Peavey again, this time. peavey Milestone BXP JJ

4 Likes

I… did not realize this thread existed. So, here’s my Carvin B5. I love this era Carvin headstock:

And here’s my Jazz. Standard Fender, but if you can get past the size they’re pretty nice looking:

7 Likes

5 Likes

20220528_204053741_iOS
20220528_204451379_iOS

Figured I would join in. My Greg Curbow showing the deeply scooped neck which gives a very tight break over the Corian nut. The tuners lock the string which makes screwups in cutting the string short not an issue.

8 Likes

Paging @Koldunya that’s a tasty purple.

Mr. Monothematic, that should be my Nick. 1994 Peavey Fury.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Some look a lot like non-basses.

1 Like