Show us your Practice Space

That is one seriously impressive setup! I wouldn’t know where to start with trying to use something like that!

5 Likes

Thanks. It’s not that hard to orient yourself in it when you build it. :slight_smile: And it’s “designed” for the “3 actions rule”. Recording bass. 1. Plug in the cable, 2. press the bass channel button on Streamdeck, 3. press the foot pedal and it’s recording. And it pretty much works like that for anything. So, it can look intimidating, but it’s actually quite intuitive and fast.

4 Likes

Let’s say that I try to avoid the “pedal collector” game at all costs. :slight_smile: The plastic Zoom G/B1X thingies work like a charm for my “playing”, so I have only MS for chorus, delay, reverb effect for synths, and waiting for the B60 pedal for distortion, etc. If I will start to buy pedals, after a couple of months I will end up with 20 pieces I barely use.

6 Likes

This is generally what happens to everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been trying very hard not to go down that rabbit hole.

7 Likes

Try to avoid the gear section :joy:

Also avoid this thread too! GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome

6 Likes

My practice space

16 Likes

If only you could train the cat to turn pages…

6 Likes

Hmmmm… I think you’re onto something :thinking:

4 Likes

The first pic is where I commit what I learned in my music room to memory when I’m in front of the TV at night. The PRS Kingfisher is passive so I can leave it plugged in all of the time.

Next is my music room. Once the kid moved out, he is not moving back in :rofl: I still need some wall decorations. My cat gets annoyed when I play. He ventures to other parts of the house. I must really be bad :joy:

14 Likes

How do you like the prs basses

4 Likes

I love the Kingfisher. It is absolutely beautiful. I picked it up on Reverb used. The bridge adjustment for intonation is a little weird. On the E string, I need a little more adjustment room in the slot to get the intonation perfect. It has a very rich sound. This one was made in Korea before PRS switched to Indonesia. I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing, but mine feels very well built. My one big complaint is that this thing is HEAVY. It feels a little heavier than my Fender. It is way heavier than my two Ibanez basses.

4 Likes

Nice room. The rug really ties the room together.

6 Likes

Thanks Pam. The rug is also amazing for hiding cat vomit until you step on it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, what a nice room. Very well done!

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

I like your stool. Do you have a link to where you got it?

3 Likes

Here is the model. I got it off of Amazon. It is very sturdy and has a lot of adjustability.

Gator Frameworks Deluxe Guitar Performance Seat with 3-Point Height-Adjustment System and Rear Guitar Hanger (GFW-GTR-SEATDLX)

3 Likes

Here’s the latest configuration of my studio/practice space. It was actually quite spacious at one time, but it seems to have shrunk considerably of late.

20 Likes

Pam, you have a lot of gear in there. I bet you know exactly where everything is at though.

4 Likes