Show us your Practice Space

She’s certainly very talented @PamPurrs

4 Likes

@KerrEB and a Fiasco fan! Double bonus.

1 Like

No post for quite some time… Where are all the newbies?

Ok, here is my lil practice corner. The wide angle lens makes it larger than it actually is. Anyways, enough space to do the B2B course and having fun.

Always in sight the ten commandments of bass - just to make sure I do not stray from the right path… :grin:

23 Likes

:joy: Love the Ten Commandments - I’ve not seen that before.

6 Likes

…and they are sooo true… especially in regards of super fancy guitar player and drummer with crappy timing LOL :joy:

5 Likes

I unrepentently violate Commandment #6 and I regret nothing :rofl:

5 Likes

Nice practice space…

I love the eight commandments too (I only see 1-4 and 7-10) Why does it say ten commandments on top, when there are only eight?

3 Likes

Ok, objection granted! Five and six are really hard to read on that image. Too many reflections. My bad. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s more that my eyes won’t let me see them

Hooky disagrees with #5 :rofl:

2 Likes

This video makes me feel good about where my thumb ends up on different parts of the fretboard. I really think there is something inherently built different in my hands where my thumbs cannot do what most instructors and even Adam Neely say to do in perfect form.
This makes me happy.

3 Likes

Better, lockdown-live view so you can see what he does :slight_smile:

The “That’s how you play the fookin’ Perfect Kiss!” in the first video is hilarious - it’s because the bassist New Order brought in to replace him when he left likes to put his own spin on Hooky’s iconic basslines - which literally no one wants but the new guy, and the singer who is in a feud with Hooky :rofl:

He and his son (Jack Bates, the Smashing Pumpkins touring bassist, in the Motorhead t-shirt in the second vid) are doing great in the new band, super happy to see it.

Nice BBPH he’s got in that second video. THAT is what a BB should look like.

3 Likes

My little corner of the world.
In the last shot, the guitars & basses are to the left, amps to the right

16 Likes

Very nice space! A little too neat though. Those cables should be strewn across the floor so you can trip on them, instead of neatly coiled up like you have them.

8 Likes

I spent the weekend cleaning up my office to reset for a new project. This is the only time in 16 years that it has looked like this. I figured that I should take photos now before it returns to its natural state. :grinning:

8 Likes

Here’s mine. Still working on some good lighting for my drum/bass covers but I’ve got it set up how I want. Just need MOAR basses :slight_smile: Gotta pay off the drums first though haha.

22 Likes

Very, very, nice @Retta75 . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

NICE!
So I guess you don’t like sparkly instruments. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Nope not at all :lying_face:

4 Likes

That’s a pretty nice practice space. :+1:

4 Likes

Well dang, now I need a neon cactus! Of course it will have to be a left-handed cactus and will only come in sunburst or black :roll_eyes:

4 Likes