Show us your Practice Space

My cozy practice space - I’ve pretty much taken over our (mostly) unused sitting room. 

11 Likes

Very nice @Bassdacious . Certainly looks homely

4 Likes

Nice.
Is that a drum throne?
What kind?
How do you like it?

4 Likes

Yes, it’s my old drum throne. Not sure the model as it came with my old kit - it’s just a cheapie, I think. As a drum throne it is a shocker, I hate it. However, for practicing bass it’s not too bad - different body position I suppose (ie: both feet flat on the floor, sitting more forward etc) and I can also stand up whenever I want. I ended up getting an Ahead Spinal - G as my drum throne and I absolutely love it, can’t rate it highly enough.

4 Likes

With a heavy heart I’ve finally decided to pack up my drum kit (f you previous downstairs neighbours), and only kept the drum mat and the throne. The basses live in a rack in the other end of the room, away from sunlight.

Notice how much room I have for a completely unnecessary pedalboard now!

11 Likes

Oooh, you have a bar in your practice space, great extra.

5 Likes

Are those some sort of extensions on the music stand?
Did it come like that, if so can you provide a link?

3 Likes

It’s a Manhasset Voyager 52 with two Maestro 91 extensions (and two completely useless clips). They also have models that are four wide without extensions, see the bottom link.

4 Likes

Doesn’t everyone?

9 Likes

I just place a piece of corrugated poster board on my stand, and I have room for 4 sheets.

Manhasset 51 Fourscore Stand: $59.99 on Amazon

Corrugated poster board: $3.99 at Walmart

4 Likes

I thought Hawaii imports most of their pineapples, the pineapple there are tourists attractions. Lol. Beside who needs to eat when we can play right?
Love the spirit and the vibe.

3 Likes

Very comfortable looking space.

4 Likes

Not true. All the pineapples in the local markets are grown here. You can tell because they are less acidic.

2 Likes

It’s funny what people notice in the backgrounds of photos. I took a shot of my 1947 Gibson J45 for a guitar forum, and the most frequent comments were, “man, you have a lot of books about bacon!”
To be fair, I do. But you should see the entire bookshelf devoted to canning and pickling :flushed:

6 Likes

Very nice practice space @Bassdacious, but I am missing a bass with reversed headstock… Auspost slow?

4 Likes

That’s a fact. Another fact is that pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza :sunglasses:

4 Likes

True; but a lot of things have no business on pizza, yet people still do it.

2 Likes

LIke ‘buffalo chicken’.

And ranch dressing (an odd Buffalo thing as well).

Yes Buffalo, I question you on many levels.

2 Likes

Round the outside?

1 Like

@John_E this, this!!

2 Likes