Show us your Practice Space

Auspost is slower than glacial motion! Sob :sleepy: - it’s currently about 50km up the road … I’m seriously considering a black operation!

3 Likes

Well, same as ketchup doesn’t belong on a hotdog, lol.

I don’t like pizza with pineapple either, it’s not the pineapple, it’s the ham.

Last time I made a roasted duck curry pizza I put grape tomatoes and fresh pineapple. It was delished!

2 Likes

IMO Pineapple has no place being hot, except if it’s in a curry (much like mango)!

3 Likes

Oh I don’t know. I’ve roasted turkeys where I pinned the pineapple to the outside with cloves. It worked quite well. Ditto for roast ham.

However, that’s a hard nope on 'zza with pineapple. Just no.

3 Likes

@akos What is the stand with your headphones on it?

1 Like
2 Likes

I think that’s being overly generous :rage:

3 Likes

Thanks @akos.

3 Likes

Anyone complaining about pineapple on pizza hasn’t tried them there paired with jalapenos. That’s an amazing combo, along with the sauce and cheese.

5 Likes

Jalapenos have no more business on pizza than pineapple IMO. :smiley_cat: Sorry, but I was raised in Chicago on some of the best pizza in the world, so I’m a bit of a purist.
I will say, however, pineapple and jalapeno sounds like a good combo, just not on pizza :pizza:

4 Likes

But… Chicago doesn’t make pizza! nice cheese pie though :rofl:

(Just kidding :slight_smile: - actually I like Chicago style a lot, but NY style is by far my favorite)

Seriously though Pineapple and Jalapeno, with fresh tomatoes on top, is an amazing pizza on its own. This wouldn’t work so well with NY style either but for the typical west coast style pizza it’s amazing.

5 Likes

Being a NY pizza guy, I have to say that Gino’s East sausage pizza (who else puts an entire disc of sausage across the whole pizza - pork heaven) is a thing of beauty. Sigh, I can taste it from here.

3 Likes

We went to Indiana a few weeks ago and we flew into Chicago just so we could start our drive after picking up at Uno.

2 Likes

Believe it or not there is a really good Chicago style place here. Haven’t been in a while but it’s not bad at all.

https://en.devilcraft.jp/

They don’t do the top crust though.

There’s a couple decent NY style places too.

3 Likes

Canadian bacon, pineapple, and jalapeños is my favorite! :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Solid combo :slight_smile:

I like to add fresh tomato wheels on top of that too, after cooking. So good.

6 Likes

Tokyo sure has changed a lot. I remember tuna, corn and mayo pizza.

4 Likes

One of my better creations, asparagus-mushroom pan pizza (i.e. clean out the refrigerator pizza).
Turned out quite well, I thought.

9 Likes

Oh that still exists too, the original Japan-style pizzas are still here. Biggest chain is Pizza-La.

Yeah, here we go. From Pizza-La: “Japanese style pizza - Teriyaki Chicken, Japanese style Mochi Bacon, Mentai Seafood, and Japanese style Asparagus Bacon.”

I do love bacon-wrapped mochi and asparagus at Yakitori places - amazing stuff - but not on pizza.

6 Likes

Pineapple Upsidedown Cake. Yum.

3 Likes