Show us your Practice Space

Is that the arturia eurorack? Or different manufacturer?

3 Likes

that’s the Arturia Rackbrute 6U. I have:

1)Removed Arturia’s power supply module and replaced it with a slightly narrower one capable of more power
2)Double-sided taped its power board and distribution board into the RackBrute

Now it handles more power than Arturia’s specs. I did this because allegedly the two Behringer synths in it draw 1A each but I doubt it. Moog’s Mother 32 also has a 1A power supply, but when mounted into Eurorack uses only 230mA… later down the road I’m swapping out the remaining eurorack modules with a handful of multipurpose modules.

5 Likes

Very jealous! Can’t hurt to have more amps available. Which multi mods are you looking at?

4 Likes

AHA! well played.

4 Likes

Most Buttons Prize!

7 Likes

it hurts the wallet when your music hobby encompasses many genres, styles, instruments…

4 Likes

Indeed. These days it’s also amazing how fast you can go from having no synths to being embarrassed by how many you own. That’s one bummer with software - it’s not there in front of you reminding you you don’t need another :rofl:

4 Likes

I have many on shelves that get pulled out to my Project Table (the IKEA Norden folding table that I stash away to the side and roll out and lift a leaf on when I need a, well, project table XD

Don’t get me started on soft synths. :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

I stopped counting at 30.

5 Likes

I have no idea what some of you have been talking about for the last 10-12 posts. And thank goodness! Because it means I won’t spend any money on it. :joy:
I do own several handy organizer cases, though, @Koldunya

11 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot. I see that you have a machine mikro just like me- but I’m going to assume you’ve figured out how to use yours. Any chance you’d be able to help me out with mine?

3 Likes

sent you a DM to keep this free of any (more) excess chatter XD

6 Likes

yup…

9 Likes

Since I got a new toy, and am making room for at least one other toy, I figured that I should give my practice spot a make over.
8 wall hangers, but I am still 3 shy. since they come In a 4 pack, I am thinking the world is telling me something, and since I have 2 basses for the 4 hangers, it must mean that I need to get 2 more basses so I don’t let one wall hook go to waste.
We can debate about this later, but for now, that is the way I am leaning.

I got the Amp I have wanted for a very long time. This is one of 2 amp heads I have wanted for a long time. An SWR 4004 or 400 is the other amp I want, just because I would love to run my SWR Workingman 4x10 stack with. Mind you I can run it with my SWR WorkingMan 15 combo Amp, it is actually the add on cab made for that purpose, but I am a guy that likes options, so I would love to be able to run the 4x10 cabinet with an SWR head from time to time.
Now, the other Amp head I have wanted for a very long time, and this was a little more specific in terms of knowing exactly what amp I wanted. There are many SWR amps that will do, or I should say that are readily available, but this is the specific Carvin Model that I have been actively looking for. I lost one due to being in the hospital, and it was sold when I got home. Well, with my birthday giving me an excuse to buy an amp head I wanted, and with a little luck on Offer Up, I found the Carvin BX500 amp head that I have wanted over a year, closer to 2 years now. This time, I wasted no time, and I purchased it on Sunday, and not only does it sound amazing, it is sleek, very attractive to the eye, and weighs in at 5.8lbs, and is about the size of legal letter head.

So, First is the amp.

So here is the full shot. Note the 2 basses still on floor stands, and there will always be 2 floor stands for the basses I am playing, and I will trade off from wall to stand when I feel like playing something else.
There will still have to be another hook for the birthday bass that I think will be the Ibanez ATK, but not 100% yet. If I were a betting man, my bet would be on that one.

The pedal board I not set up at the moment. I tore it down, sold a few things, bought a few things, and just never got back to it.
But I have tasked myself with a February chore to get it set back up, and I have tasked myself with a goal to start playing thru it daily. I will keep my practice routine without using pedals, but I am going to start to add pedals and effects into my routine so I can start to develop my sound.

26 Likes

damn @T_dub Toby, that setup is awesome!
I had my amp on the desk like that under my monitors and DAI but was thinking it was picking up some noise so I moved it back to on top of my cab. I cannot say for sure it made a difference, but I think it did.

Someone needs to invent completely isolated USB cables, I would buy them instantly.

5 Likes

Sounds logical! @T_dub :metal:
BTW, just noticed there is a hell of empty space on my Orange 15" cab. :thinking:

4 Likes

Not for long :wink:

5 Likes

Hey Toby @T_dub ,
Looking good my friend, great to see you are getting your new digs set up how you want it, very cool :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Agreed @TNKA36 . . . :wink:

A big thumbs up for you, @T_dub . . . hope your knees have been doing better?

:+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Makes sense. A hangar without a bass is just wasted space. Looking good there

6 Likes