Show us your Practice Space

:+1:

5 Likes

Very nice place to get inspired…I too have a dehumidifier in my play space…not sure I have ever had retune my basses

4 Likes

I’ve only gone and got that moog one!

So cue yet another recabling session. But boy, that moog. Wow.

I now have as many synths as I have basses. This is starting to get out of control :slight_smile:

Google Photos

Obligatory shot of how a box of a board game can help support stuff - I’ll let you spot it :slight_smile:

Google Photos

20 Likes

nice. but it’s making my head hurt trying to read your painting
:face_with_monocle:
:thinking:
:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

“Prestige” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle: :rofl: :+1:

4 Likes

This is sooooooo cool.

4 Likes

Prestige Worldwide?

4 Likes

Cheers John - it’s my lifelong tinkering hobby. All I need to do now is somehow quit work and then I can just stay in that room, locked in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hah, no. I’m not actually sure what it’s based on. My sister has friends that do various canvasses, and this one ended up at mine on a “long term loan”.

That was about 15 years ago, I think :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When you figure out how, let me know cause I’m all aboard that train brother.

5 Likes

Haha will do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice space. DFAM, Subharmonicon, and what is the third one Moog in the stack?

4 Likes

Mother 32 at the bottom. They all play together nicely - no arguments :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s our bands (SWAMPFOX) practice room. Pretty cramped!! It’s an old “Mother In Laws” suite that our lead guitarist repurposed as a music/practice room after his MIL passed. (Oh, the name “SWAMPFOX” was my old online bands name that the new group wanted to adopt)… The rooms A/C just quit so now we’re working on getting it fixed… Think 12’x12’… Just a bit larger than a prison cell… When you add all the gear, (damn drummer takes most of the space), the guitarist, and myself,… there’s not a lot of room left… And now we’re on the search for a Female Vocalist… Probably because 25% of our bands songs are originally done by female vocalists, and there are not too many groups around here with diverse song set lists featuring female vocalists… Can you imagine stuffing another person into this space??

When we play at live venues, all of the gear is loaded into a trailer and hauled on site… by us… Right now, it’s mostly camp sites which is cool because we all like to camp… But now, it’s getting too damn HOT to be camping out down here in the Georgia heat!! Especially since we’re all in our 60’s and 70’s (me) and the heat SUX!!!

18 Likes

You need a few more tripping hazards (I mean cables) on the floor, lol!

5 Likes

Yea!! So true… But this is real live shit here… Nothing’s perfect when you go to play music. When you play covers, everything’s perfect - including the room you play in… When you play with a group or band, things are what they are… Either accept it or don’t play… I choose to play and deal with the situation…

6 Likes

Ya know, that’s a very good observation @John_E … I apologize for being so damn blunt, but that’s just who I am… You see, playing music with a group is NOTHING like playing music with yourself (Covers) - or - what I refer to as “Musical Masturbation” (playing with yourself)… I know, I’ve done many covers and musically masturbated many times… However, I have moved on, and all I wanted to do was show what moving on is all about… Nothing’s perfect outside your own practice space… Nothing’s always perfectly in tune, in time, or without “tripping hazards”. However, it is all FUN… Something most of us who play the lower octave our string only dream of… We all took this B2B course to learn an instrument and (hopefully) move on and play with jam bands or groups… That next step moving forward includes such things as wires strewn all over the floor, inoperable A/C units, faulty PA systems, etc… It’s the “Real World”… Yea, there may be wires all over the floor to trip on, but when I’m playing bass in this band, I’m not dancing all over the place - I’m doing what I love to do - play bass in a band…

Sorry for my rant… You’re still a cool dude… Later…

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

I haven’t masturbated since January due to my bout with cancer, but I’m getting better and look forward to masturbating again. In fact, I plan on masturbating a lot.

16 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes