Show us your Practice Space

How’s that Ibanez sr4600? I love that thing

3 Likes

It is a great guitar. It takes very little effort to play. It is also incredibly light and balanced.

4 Likes

Did some upgrading to my practice space/home studio

And I actually think it’s done :wink:

20 Likes

I did a bit of organizing in my studio today, and found good use for these guitar headstock coat hooks. Perfect for hanging my bows:

They’re perfect for hanging hats too:

13 Likes

Multiple Bow Disorder

7 Likes

Lol it would appear so. However, I’ve only purchased two of them. The first was a carbon fiber, and then I wanted to try a genuine wood bow, so I bought a brazilwood bow. The other two were included when I purchased my acoustic upright: one carbon fiber and the other wood (both very nice bows)…

4 Likes

I have always loved this poster. Thank you Amazon :laughing:

7 Likes

I love your bass clef. Very much similar to mine…

9 Likes

I reorganized and some additions:

22 Likes

I’ve posted this in another thread, but I’ll post here again for visibility and hopefully I can help some “ampless” bass players like myself!

I wanted a practice space where I could do mainly two things well and fast:

1. Pick up my bass and just play to a backing track at any time of the day;
  2. Sit down and have a proper practice session.

What I use for this both cases is a:

• Old Macbook Air;
  • Scarlett Solo Audio Interface;
  • ATH-M40x headphones;
  • Amplitube 5.

P.S.: yes, I don’t have an amp!

Pick up my bass and just play to a backing track at any time of the day (solution):

Since I live in a teeny-tiny apartment, I have a shelf where I have the equipment listed above and my bass right beside to it:

I have a shorter cable that connects the audio interface with the Macbook. The bass cable is on the side of the shelf (see last picture of this post):

Sit down and have a proper practice session (solution)

When I want to sit down for some time and really practice or record a video, what I do is I get my newer Macbook and just connect it to the audio interface and sit on the sofa next to the shelf (I have a little table where I put the Macbook so it’s right in front of me).

For this scenario, the original audio interface cable is too short! That’s why I have right besides the shelf two cables: a longer audio interface cable and a 6 meters bass cable:

So everything that I need to do is just:

1. Plug the longer cable;
  2. Use the newer Macbook.

Conclusion

Everything in here is pretty much 100% ready to just plug the bass and play. I can do lessons, listen to music and play at the same time, etc.

For a casual practice session, I have everything ready in 3 minutes. For the longer section, it can take more or less 7 minutes to have everything ready.

I hope this helps! Thank you for reading!

12 Likes

Nice work station! Love the little details :relaxed:

4 Likes

The cave is still being updated. You wouldn’t even think I was a bass player :slight_smile:

How it started -

Lots of space to move about, couple of synths and the upright etc.

Of course, that’s all changed now…

How it’s (currently) going -

I, er, don’t seem to know how to stop!

16 Likes

Yeah, you always start out thinking you have infinite space, and suddenly poof … it’s all gone.
Nice room!

7 Likes

I know, it’s not fair is it! I need to start carrying a tape measure on me when I’m out and about to ensure I can fit whatever I’m looking at into that room :slight_smile:

Maybe a shortscale jazz bazz. Ooo, that might work!

5 Likes

This man suffers from a higher logic than most. I like that!!

5 Likes

There’s always room for something :smiley:

5 Likes

I tell myself that… we have 4 of us in just over 800 square feet. No real garage space and lost my music room when we moved here. Yet somehow, there’s 20+ guitars and basses, 4 amps and about 5 pedalboards in every nook and crannie of the nethers with only 2 out on instrument stands at any given time. At least my boys can’t shove anything under their beds!! It’s already occupied. Lol

6 Likes

Wow, you have everything within easy reach. Nicely done :+1:

4 Likes

Yes, there’s a reason there are two guitar stands folded and tucked under the family room TV, and a drum throne hiding under our dining room table. Our master closet contains two bass cases, and you can find something music related in just about every closet, drawer, nook & cranny in our house.

6 Likes

My entire practice space is about three square meters :rofl:

5 Likes