Show us your straps!

Same here.
Guess I need a strap photo shoot.

The funny thing is finding the right brown strap to match brown things is the hardest thing to do IMO. I’m on the prowl for 2 now to match some odd browns.

4 Likes

Damn, that Carvin is sick. A split P on a 6 string is awesome.
I don’t really play anything more than 4 strings, but if I were to play a 6, that Carvin would be the ticket.

5 Likes

Everything here is beautifully amazing!

3 Likes

Straps On Parade…
The colors match a bit better than the photos show somehow…

Bursty burst…

This is one of those how to match browns ones but works good…

1st bass, super modded - and there’s a big banana on the back…

Jake and Elwood share the same strap…for now

Couch makes some super comfy straps even though they are thin, out of old school auto upholstery vinyls. The colors and textures are so cool.

Super matchy match…apparently ostrich leather

Stinger Strap, arched, super soft, comfy…it aint easy finding a red and gold strap

Softest leather/suede I have ever felt…and it should be, came with the bass

In search of a strap (browns are a tough match, I use the mustard one from above for now

Koi oh boi I love how this one goes with the Gretsch

Originally bought for the Italia bass that got returned, this one found a new home here

This one matches a lot closer than this shows, another Couch

Experiment ordering the Darkglass strap, so it went on the experimental testbed bass

Again, not sure what’s up with the lighting, these are a perfect match somehow otherwise

Not quite a match, but man green straps are not an easy find

Minitaur strap from Greece that someone here reco’ed, they are really nice

Tiny strap for tiny bass

No strap yet for the T-40, want something as retro as it is

The travel bass got a leftover strap from my now sold black TRBX304 cause its thin and small for travel

15 Likes

Great looking collection you have there, @Koldunya . . :slight_smile:

Nice matchup of straps + basses, too! :wink:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

And the GT’s strap, another of those Alchemy straps from D’Addario/Planet Waves:

I think it fit the GT more than the Stiletto. I solve the problem of purple straps matching by going neutral XD They have a “gothic crosses” one but it’s hard to make out the crosses there are so many of them. Might as well be pixel art hah…

9 Likes

Love that “hear no, speak no, see no evil “ strap @Koldunya

3 Likes

Noice Strap there

2 Likes

I know it’s the strap thread but I never get tired of seeing your purple bass collection. Schecters sure look nice. If it had a 3-band and active/passive option it would be perfect. Probably not an option though as the EMG’s are likely active pickups, right?

2-band EQs irritate me. It’s always the mids I want to boost or cut. I would literally rather have a one-band EQ to boost/cut the mids than the standard bass/treble 2-band. Use the other knob to make it parametric :rofl:

I’ve owned three basses with two-bands and seriously contemplated modding all of them.

3 Likes

that’s a mood. I realized tonight that the C-5’s EQ is pretty much neutral. The Beast has a sweepable mid; so does my Stiletto Extreme 4’s Mike Pope preamp.

Schecter did not make this to EMG’s specifications. They say 9V for their active pickups, or 18V for their bass pickups and a preamp. This thing is only 9V (obviously it works, just a little less headroom. Maybe it was a decision made to give it a little growl when you dig in…). Meanwhile they put 18V into the Stiletto with passive EMG HZs :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Yep yep and it’s also not blocker - I record flat and EQ in the DAW now anyway so it’s much less of a big deal for me now than it was when I still clung to the idea that the original bass tone was the most important thing. Letting that misconception go was very healthy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I went super-obsessive over that, which is part of how I ended up with a Phil Jones amp as they were said to be very transparent XD

1 Like

You’re not alone; I think a lot of people do, and really obsess and geek out about their instruments, oblivious to the knowledge of the things the sound engineer is going to do to their track after they record it. Horrified, they would be!

The best is the low end fanatics - sure, play with your tone, be happy with that big rumbling low - just don’t look behind the curtain, because all that shit below 60Hz is gone the second the guy starts mixing in the kick.

(and it makes the song sound much better!)

It was really eye opening to me how much cruft gets added down there by all instruments. Even vocals.

I suspect the real reason studio engineers want the bassists to all bring Fender J’s and P’s is they know exactly how to trim away the garbage and make the mids sit right with both of those instruments.

4 Likes

Once I realized that an amp is basically just a rehearsal tool and glorified stage monitor, I stopped worrying. I do have a lot of recording and mixing experience, just not with guitar-oriented music, though it kinda applies the same anyway as far as freq. Though I have a lot of advantage with synths; I can make the sounds work with each other before the mixing stage XD

lol…

3 Likes

Yeah I think the reason this line of thought came so easy for me is that I started with synths and have always thought about tonal balance from that perspective.

2 Likes

The strap I use with my Yamaha BB G4

5 Likes

Very nice match, @athosmr2003 . . . :slight_smile:
:+1:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Straps On Parade…update

I found straps for the remaining two…

Again a Couch strap, old dead stock '80s Mercedes vinyl

And for the T-40, something as rockin’ as it is. A Hangover Strap, my first one from them and DAMN if it isn’t soft and comfy, wow!

11 Likes

Two MORE well matched basses and their straps . . . :+1:

Well done, John @John_E

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

10 Likes