Show us your straps!

The Reticent is a good strap, I have a couple of them that I put on lighter basses. I’ve only had them for a couple of months but I think they are going to last a long time.

4 Likes

The Reticent is a really good strap. It wasn’t optimal for a heavy bass, for me.

3 Likes

i really hate seeing pix of those zo’s cuz i really want one.

4 Likes

They are quite cheap, but basically only available in Japan, so add in shipping.
I think it was around $350-370

5 Likes

I’ve always loved them, was super glad when John bought one. They are kind of hard to resist picking up in person.

2 Likes

Whew! Double-take. I thought the “Zo” was the strap.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Zo Powwa! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

5 Likes

Where can i but this strap?

I’m basically down to one of three straps these days.

Anthology, which has a good representation already. They do get better with age/loosening up the leather

LM Straps

This is high quality leather and will last forever. I like that I can adjust the length without taking the strap off the bass. This is one design they have many.

And Strapp. I have this on my Fender and for my heavier basses this will be my go to

strapp

2 Likes

Same here, love my Comfort Strapp Pro Bass. Best strap I have owned.

2 Likes

It’s comfortable, functional, and doesn’t break the bank

1 Like

My wife has been buying me pins for a while now and last year I started putting them on my bass straps.

6 Likes

Bought an Amumu AIRAFT Bass Strap 4" Ultra Wide on Amazon for $35. I didn’t like the color of the cotton canvas top so I taped it off and painted it with Valspar Barn Red latex paint. The paint cost $8, and works amazingly well on cotton canvas. It looks great! So, get one and paint it any color you can imagine. If you don’t like or get tired of the color you can always paint over it.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that the paint must be mixed with liquid fabric softener, half paint and half softener.

Mine are for comfort and aren’t much for show. I use Levy’s 3" padded neoprene straps on all four basses. The “give” they offer acts somewhat like a weight relief and a shock absorber so I don’t feel the weight of the bass on my shoulder as much even though my basses all weigh around 9lbs or less.

2 Likes

I love my Pinegrove B66 heavyweight bass strap. It’s super-comfortable and makes playing a joy.

Mine is all-black, but the specs are the same, regardless of colors available.

A dear friend of mine gifted me the one I own now, and for that I’m eternally grateful. But all my future straps will be these.

4 Likes

Some guitars only have one strap button on the right end (for right-handed) - the lace goes around the neck under the headstock.

1 Like

I got one of these right after I got my new bass and like it a lot. Built in strap locks and the strap is light. No padding, but it’s 3" wide and I prefer it over the padded neoprene Ernie Ball strap I have.

1 Like

Yep, those types of straps are intended for acoustic guitars.

1 Like

My first time posting a pic. Not sure if it’s working, but I have a cool ghost strap. It’s so stinkin’ cute and it’s vegan. :ghost:

17 Likes