Show us your straps!

@PamPurrs I have promised myself one for when I complete B2B they ary very unique

2 Likes

Here are the four currently in rotation. I use the leather Vorson flame strap w/ quick release on stage.

12 Likes

My boring strap collection

Each of my basses has its own strap.

The leftmost strap came with the bass it’s on when I bought it secondhand.

The other two straps are basic Thomann 3" padded straps which are very comfortable. As you can see, they’re also long enough to enable me to wear the bass body on the knee like a true death metal bassist. At less than 20 bucks, I can afford to give each bass its own strap.

They’re all secured to the body using Grolsch beer bottle flip top rubber seals.

11 Likes

But Pam… that’s a short-scale, and it has frets!

4 Likes

Yeah, but it’s a collectible :rofl:

5 Likes

I… um… I rest my case, Your Honour.

4 Likes

Ummmm… isn’t that missing a string for you @PamPurrs

I mean for that price, you should be getting all 5 of your strings.
plus, you would have to file down all 22 frets.
Sounds like a lot of work for your birthday, no!
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

That’s a shame. I saw this strap by coincidence today and thought it would be ideal for you:

6 Likes

I have seen those before, and similar ones in the music stores. Very attractive, but don’t offer the comfort needed for the weight of the bass.

4 Likes

Since they are only 2" wide, they probably wouldn’t be supportive enough for a bass, @PamPurrs . . . but they sure look to be your style! . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

I like it. It’s wide enough to support the weight of the bass, but not so wide that it rubs up against my neck like a 4 inch strap would. The padding is also pretty substantial. I was worried that the vinyl underside would slide around my shoulder more than a leather strap, but everything generally stays where it should.

4 Likes

LOL I have a 4.5 inch leather strap and it doesn’t even touch my neck. I must have wide shoulders :rofl:

3 Likes

I doubt that. I don’t know what it is, but straps have a tendency to creep neckward on me. I must shrug my shoulders more than you :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

@MDA I wonder if it has to do with the material of which the strap is made. The leather seems to stick to wherever I put it without moving. Just a thought :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

@MDA

I only shrug my shoulders when my wife asks if I’ve bought another bass :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: @Jamietashi

3 Likes

That is just rad.

3 Likes

And with that, Pam has unwittingly supplied the correct answer for how someone gets involved in extracurricular leather.

7 Likes

I have bought Kliq Aircell strap after following some youtube reviews. Choosing comfort over style

However I made a mistake and did not check the size options (duh!) so I have received the longest one. Even at the shortest adjustment it is still under my waist line so I have attached a temporary fix to keep it up. (Returning it was not an option and I did not have so much patience). I will take it to a tailor ASAP to get it shorter.

It is really comfortable and breathing quite nicely. Not very large (3" only) but well padded. Also it is quite stretchy which I am OK with.

10 Likes

So I guess this one was the winner of those reviews?
I currently have a very very simple strap and am looking for something more comfortable. Didn’t want to go down another rabbit hole so I might just listen to your recommendation and get the same.

3 Likes