Simple is great

I am amazed at the tones I get from my Warmoth 54P build. It is now my number one. It even slaps well. Just a twist of a knob and run through the Boss GT-1B and I can conjure most any tone I want.

14 Likes

I saw a Warmoth 54 build yesterday and wondered about it as I struggled with my upgrades

Really cool bass you got there. Less is more

3 Likes

So you’re selling the others? :wink:

3 Likes

Considering giving away the LTD and the Ibanez. They never get played. Not sure how to get it to someone that wants and deserves one.

3 Likes

That one True Custom pickup while priced cheaply, sounds so good. I talked to the lady that either owns or runs True Custom. She told me those pickups are built in Japan. It just sounds so good.

3 Likes

The Freestone neck is superb. As good or better than a Warmoth.

2 Likes

Call your local school or music school and ask if they have a deserving person. If not I can connect you with someone in New Orleans who can (whom I donate through now for years and years, 100s of instruments). I’ll even pay for the shipping.

4 Likes

I was thinking about something local around Christmas. I also have two amps that aren’t being used. An Ampeg BA-108 and a Gallien Kreuger Backline 115 that will probably be given away. All are completely serviceable. I just never use them.

3 Likes

I you attend a local church check with the youth pastor. You could donate to a youngster that wants to play whose parents can’t afford it.

8 Likes

Very cool looking bass, man. Really nice. Congrats!

3 Likes

Hi Eddie, I saw your post about the Boss GT-1B. I have the same box and I’m honestly ready to drive over it with a truck. It’s a computer of course and I find it extremely difficult to figure out and the manual is really no help. How did you master this thing, or have you yet?

2 Likes

I’ve got a Squier Affinity Jaguar I want to give away and no takers in my neighborhood.

3 Likes

I mastered it fairly easily. I watched YouTube videos about it. But the magic happened when I used my laptop to access ToneCentral. It is so easy to create with it now, I rarely touch anything on the unit. I just adjust everything through my laptop.

Kinda the problem I have here. I mentioned to some workmates that if their kid wanted to learn, I would give them a decent set-up. No takers. If it was a pointy guitar they probably would. Bassist are a rare breed. Not many heed the siren call of it’s rumbling song.

5 Likes

Maybe keep it by the door just in case?

4 Likes

Where are you? Seattle area? Are you able to ship it to New Orleans and have me pick up the tab?

1 Like

I am in the Seattle area or can ship.

3 Likes

Ill send you a PM.

2 Likes

I am still totally blown away by my one simple pickup 54P. Even playing side by side with my other basses, it still sounds better no matter the settings on my Boss GT-1B. I cannot get a crappy sound from it. No hum, great low end, mids and a sparkling top end when needed. This thing has made me stop GASSING for the next best thing. I thought of getting a new pickup, Fralin, Aguilar, SD or a boutique of some type. But it sounds so damned good it would just be a waste of money I think.

5 Likes

I’m enraptured by my 54ps. There’s just something about their simplicity. The tone is great, though if you do feel adventurous and get a second bass, the Fralin is really old school, and the JBE really delivers the thump while maintaining highs

3 Likes