Small amp for a bedroom Bass player

Hello,

After 30 years I come back to play the bass. I have been saving for a bass guitar and finally, today I got a new Fender Mustang PJ (Mexican made) I will play at home only, in my living room (10 feet x 17 feet) and I have no plan to join a band, not now and not in the future. I just want to enjoy re-learning to play, practicing and improving, doing music and playing the bass of songs that I love

I have enough left for an amp right now. Maybe I could buy a Fender Rumble v3 15W but I thought to wait a little bit more and save for a Fender Rumble v3 25W and maybe to stretch for a Fender Rumble LT25. Meanwhile, I could practice without an amp or with my acoustic six-string.

I have tried these 3 amps and if I had enough today I would buy one of the 25 W but maybe for my need, and my living room the v3 15W could OK.

Which one between these three, do you think, would be good enough for my purpose?

Thank you very much

6 Likes

Can’t go wrong with the Rumble 25 for that small space. I had one myself before switching to the much louder Rumble 100.

Welcome to the forum @JVagiar

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, @JVagiar . . . :slight_smile:

I would heartily recommend the Rumble 25 for ~ $99 USD as a great little amp, and which would be plenty for the size place you’d be playing in.

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Do you mean the cheaper v3 25W, not the LT 25 with all the fancy modeling?

4 Likes

I owned one of those and it will be fine. Nice little amp.

4 Likes

That amp has a lot of nice bells and whistles if you don’t mind spending the extra $$$

3 Likes

If the difference is more a “nice bells and whistles” thing than sound quality I would not one pay one cent more.

Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome @JVagiar!
I agree with the rest of the gang and go with one of the 25W models. I currently have the Rumble 15 and as soon as the stores open I am going to trade in the 15W for one of the 25W’s.

4 Likes

Thank you Jerry,

I’ll go for the Rumble V3 25W

2 Likes

What makes you want the 25 over the 15?

2 Likes

I am using the Rumble 25 in my living room (20m²) and this one is more then enough, I think 15W would have been sufficient as well, I have neighbors to 3 sides and wont play any louder anyways, else I’d use headphones.

4 Likes

That was the reason for my question.
I have a little 10W Peavey practice amp which was included with the Samick/Gregg Bennett J, and for which I need to find a new owner. If I open it halfway, cups will rattle, cats will evacuate the premises and wives will call their divorce lawyers – after hanging up on the complaining neighbours.

10 Watt is plenty for a bedroom practice situation. The issue with the Peavey is that it does run out of steam a bit when I play the B-string, but that’s the 8" speaker and the tiny cabinet, which is evidently not made for anything under 44 Hz. With an external speaker cab, the B-string comes out just fine.

4 Likes

Annoy the neighbors. What else? :grin:

3 Likes

Ah, that explains it. :wink:

I thought, maybe you found the 15 disappointing in terms of sound quality…

2 Likes

The family in the house on one side of me has two teenage daughters who have teenage boyfriends and teenage friends, who all like to stay up late and play loud music (as teenagers tend to do). I don’t complain.

Quid pro quo

The house on the other side of me is occupied by a single woman who likes to rescue dogs that tend to yap at all hours of the day and night. Last year, she brought home a large dog who possesses an extremely loud bark, and loves to use it.
I traded in my Rumble 25 for a Rumble 100.

Quid Pro Quo

8 Likes

Sound quality is fine. I just want more power.

3 Likes

Rawr.

3 Likes

So whoever annoys you more that day is where you point it? :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

@JVagiar, I think this may answer your question: no reason to upgrade from the 15 to the 25…?

2 Likes

I’m hoping she gets an elephant soon so I can upgrade to the Rumble 500…

5 Likes