Sometimes, humans suck!

Out for a walk after work with Sadie. Can dogs see rainbows?
I try not to get annoyed at how rubbish some other humans are. The best you can do is to give a rescue dog a better life than before.

7 Likes

Aren’t they colorblind? Or is that a myth?

3 Likes

I genuinely don’t know. However she’ll come into the bedroom at 3am to bark and inform us that a bear has walked across someone’s lawn 8 streets away. So there’s nothing wrong with her hearing :frowning:

5 Likes

Sometimes?

I am of the opinion that generally humans just suck across the board (present company excluded). People who neglect or abuse animals are just a much deeper level of suckage.

Ruby looks adorable. Well done.

6 Likes

We picked up our pal Buddy at the shelter 5 years ago and he’s been my best friend ever since.

10 Likes

Upon closer inspection, she is a lot older than I thought, I think. She has no upper or lower front teeth. Just upper and lower canines. Hardly any teeth in the back. Her red coat is also loaded with grey hair down her back. I bet someone threw her out cause she was old. Just reinforces my thought that humans suck. This old girl should have been living her best life. Well, she will now. She will have to have the softest of foods so that she can chew it. I had bought senior formula dry food and she would not eat it because she couldn’t. I should have checked her teeth first. But she will eat all of the FreshPet I give to her. Such a sweet little girl.

7 Likes

You are doing a SUPER job in helping your new furry friend to enjoy the rest of her life, @EddieJones . . . :+1:

Good for you!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Now she will be.

6 Likes

My dingbats. All rescues. All neurotic and weird and wonderful in their own way.
You’ve done a good thing.

11 Likes

This is her laying with my old Chocolate Lab. Just chilling.

9 Likes

How anyone could mistreat that poor creature (huddled up against the wall, no less) is way beyond my understanding :angry:

5 Likes

Believe it or not she actually was in the middle of humping on my old girl Chocolate Lab at that moment. Almost like she was coming in heat

4 Likes

Well . . . that I couldn’t tell from the picture, @EddieJones

She just looked frightened to me, and I was thinking it will take a long time for her to get used to the idea that she is with a loving family now . . . and won’t be thrown into the middle of a road somewhere like a piece of garbage.

Thanks again for all you’re doing,
Joe

4 Likes

She was humping and hunching for all she was worth. My old Lab doesn’t care. I had a little Maltese that did that all the time. When she got tired of it she would just stand up.

3 Likes

You are a good human Eddie Jones.

4 Likes

I guess after being chained up and left to starve to death, anything that a smaller dog did to her would be moot.

4 Likes

I had heard about embedded collars before, but actually had to cut her collar off her neck with bolt cutters and her skin had sorta grown around it. Not too bad but enough to be painful when I removed it and it bled a little. Now she is a fat, sassy queen of all she surveys.

4 Likes

Love it, thanks. My first dog name Lucky as well.

4 Likes

Oh, he will get it. Shot Callers in the Penn don’t stand for that sort of thing, and you can’t get away without showing your papers to other prisoners, so it will spread out quick.

Sadly, it reminds me of a really good movie, or at least one I like a lot, Butterfly Effect with Austin Kutcher, Eric Stoltz and Amy Smart, I think is her name.

I am a dog lover too, and I can’t imagine treating any dog the way the ones you saved have been treated, that is just wrong. Lucky for them, you were able to take much better care of them.

any animal really.
I am not a Cat person, but I wouldn’t want to ever see them abused by anyone or thing.

Thats a cop out IMHO. When I started having kids, everybody asked me if I was gonna get rid of my dog. I asked why in the hell would I do that.
They said, because you have a Rottweiler.
I said, so what, she is the best dog in the world (and she was one of a kind, have not had an angel like her since, not that I have not loved my other dogs to death as well, just saying, she was the one and only, and I have not found her equal)
She never did anything aggressive, she was always loving, and let the kids climb all over her, her whole life, until the day I had to put her down, one of the hardest things I ever had to endure.

I used to just look at my dog, laying there looking back up at me with her loving eyes and cry like a baby, cuz I knew the time was getting near. She couldn’t walk anymore, and she didn’t have any joint issues. She got so I had to take her outside and wait with her for hours sometimes for her to go to the bathroom sitting down, and pick her up and take her back in.
They said the likely had a brain tumor or brain cancer or something in the brain. it took about a year from when it first started to be noticeable, until when we had to put her down.

I feel for your days ahead, but enjoy him now while he still has his health.

You kind of would have to be an asshole to not, and you Sir, have most certainly proven you are not an ass hat, and are a good person.

My dog watched TV, like literally all the time.
When we left, we put the TV on, and she sat on our bed and watched TV.

And I know she saw it. There was one time that we were watching some movie and the people on the film were eating a hot dog. The guy took a bite and brought the hot dog down around his pocket, and she lunged at the TV to try and bite the hot dog.

I say its a myth.

3 Likes

Yep, for sure.

3 Likes