Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

“If you don’t eat your pizza , you can’t have any pudding”

3 Likes

Well done all around, perfect groove, tone and mix great.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch @John_E :smiley:

1 Like

My first ever attempt to record video and audio. Started the Bassbuzz journey yesterday, so I hope it will get better. :slight_smile: Another Brick In The Wall part 2 bass cover Bassbuzz 50 song challenge - YouTube

5 Likes

This was stellar @Johnnyb

Well done.

4 Likes

That sounded mint -Top work :tangerine: :tangerine: :tangerine:

3 Likes

Great first cover JohnnyB. Congrats.

2 Likes

I hereby officially begin my 50 song challenge :smiley:.

I’ve never liked this song. The video gave me nightmares when I was little - maybe the nihilistic terror of a totalitarian dystopia - but it’s number one on the list so I’d better get it over with…

I read somewhere that Roger Waters used a P-bass stright into the amp so that’s how I went…

Next up - CCW :+1: :smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Well done, nailed it.

I really wanted to like Floyd but was never able to. I can appreciate them for sure but I’m usually not reaching for them.

4 Likes

Fantastic and welcome to the challenge @Ed

4 Likes

Great job @Ed ! One down, forty-nine to go.

3 Likes

Yeah I like Dark side of the moon and Wish you were here but I just can’t get into anything else. Maybe I should just take more drugs…

4 Likes

Thanking you kindly @John_E ! Good to be aboard the good ship 50 songs :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @JerryP ! I’m quite looking forward to the next few :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

Well I’d say the Roger’s set up worked, sounded great to me! Enjoy the 50 song journey, great to see you jumping in. I think you may have a few done already…I remember at least the Clash song.

3 Likes

shudders

3 Likes

Thanks!! :smiley: :smiley:

I think I did a couple - I’ll have to dig through my youtube account… Still got a fair number to go but it’s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll as they say :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd the band is my favorite band of all time. Roger however is one of my least favorite people. He comes off sounding like a whinging British spinster most of the time. His bass playing though, while simple, actually serves the music very well. Your cover was spot on.

4 Likes

Thanks!

@EddieJones Lol this is true :joy:

2 Likes

I do admit to being baffled by the media/politicians trying to cancel him over the imagery of his concerts, “The Wall”. He has been doing it over 40 years and they just now pick up on the fact that “Pink” dresses somewhat like a Nazi in his concert productions. It was in the movie made in the early 80’s for chrissakes. He just brings it to the stage in his concerts. Just get over it and enjoy the music and feel he is trying to project.

3 Likes