Song 13 - "Alone, Together" by The Strokes

So what I see here @BigAl @Barney @RuknRole is 3 guys who are getting better and better all the while playing more complex songs!
I think this 50 song challange is really working.

Again, great job you three!

6 Likes

Lol tnx. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll nock it out of the park.

1 Like

I have song posted on soundslice. You can slow it down there, itā€™s in tab and notation. :+1::beers:

1 Like

Thanks - Iā€™ll check it out.

What is Soundslice?

@RuknRole it a lot like guitar pro. Soundslice syncs audio, video and music notation into a single, elegant interface. No more juggling, no more wasting time. Our goal is to be the best way to learn any piece of music. Everything on our site is based on the Soundslice player, a hybrid audio player / notation viewer that syncs notation with real audio. It doesnā€™t do it automatically you have to do some work to get it correct. It a tool to help you learn music. Take tab out or put tab in. To me itā€™s EZ to use. Sometimes you canā€™t find a score and audio together. Good place to put both together.

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ll check it out.

Couldnā€™t agree more. Great job all 3 of you @RuknRole @BigAl @Barney :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had a poke around and found a live version at 138bpm. I think the original is 142bpm. Does that sound right? Iā€™ll keep plugging away at the original speed anyway, surely Josh put this speed in for a reason, right? :nerd_face: Itā€™s the chugging sections on the A string that Iā€™m making a balls up on. Someone said to sit in front of the TV and chug away, so maybe Iā€™ll try that.

1 Like

@Bassdacious I slowed the A string chugging down to about 80bpm, put in a drum loop on ZoomB1 and watched YouTube. When I could watch it and not have to think about the mechanics of fretting / plucking then I increased the bpm up to 90 and repeated the whole thing until I could do it.
It took me weeks and hours of practice to get to 142 bpm.
But once I felt the rhythm, it all made sense. Good luck.

1 Like

Cheers - Iā€™ll give this a go. I reckon Iā€™m ok up until about 120 and then the speed wobbles start and it ainā€™t pretty.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working on this one for a few weeks now. Iā€™ve got it to the point where Iā€™m happy enough with it. Itā€™s not perfect, but its passable - its also time to move onto another song. I was not familiar with this song and enjoyed learning it. Cheers :guitar:

https://youtu.be/EWYc-faZ0zc

13 Likes

@Bassdacious - you are knocking tunes out of the park left and right!
Love it.
I am very envious of your left hand position too, I cannot get mine to do that at all.
Great job!

1 Like

Awesome job @Bassdacious . Your tone sounded real good. Like your bass with reverse headstock nice. :+1::+1:
Cheers :beers:

1 Like

That was a fun tune to play.
Great Job @Bassdacious!
LadyHawk sounded good and looked good!

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E - Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing actually. Iā€™m doing the Ari Cap course so just following along with the exercises and technique instructions she gives us. We are all built a bit different and have to find a way to play that is comfortable and does not leave us in/or cause us pain. Cheers

Thanks RnR.

1 Like

Thanks @BigAl - I really like this bass, so comfortable and so many tones out of her. Cheers

What does this symbol mean?
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 10.11.15 PM

Itā€™s a bend. Play the D string on the 10th fret and bend the string to raise the note a 1/2 step or soā€¦