Song 13 - "Alone, Together" by The Strokes

This one was a highlight for me too, still play it often, have fun!

2 Likes

OK! Here is my recording. It’s not a polished as @dlamson13 but I’ll keep at it and I really do love playing this song.

I have a version I like where the slide down at 2:36 i do a quick double slide and I love how it fits in. I have another recording with that I may put up as a variation.

Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

Great job on a fun song @groaner! Sounded pretty polished to me :). Tone worked really well too – crystal clear in the high parts and a nice growl in the low parts. Most importantly, you’re flying all over the fretboard like a rock star.

Nice, I like when people make covers their own like that.

2 Likes

Great job man! You fit in the mix well and I enjoyed the slide action. I heard a small blip in the start of the song but a great recovery!

1 Like

Here is my latest! This really is a fun one to play!

I finally upgraded the camera so eagle eyed viewers can proably spot the edit :eyes:

Played with a Squier 40th Anniversary VIntage P Bass
strung with Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats 40-100
Volume and Tone 100%

Plugged into Darkglass Microtubes 500v2 with the following settings:
Vintage Microtubes Mode
Compression 50%
Drive 50%
Level 50%
Tone 50%
Blend 60%
Scooped EQ levels

XLR Out to Volt 276. Volt using GTR Comp setting. Vintage OFF. Gain 45%. Recorded with Garageband and OBS. Finished with iMovie.

Thanks for watching!

1 Like

Wow this was something more, great work everybody! Dont think I will post this anytime soon, but I will put in the hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

It felt like a big step up when I did it @Johnnyb but it’s totally achievable with some hours.

2 Likes

Ya this one took me a lot of going back too for sure.
It will come in time. Work chunks of it and go back often and it will all of a sudden click.

2 Likes

Another song with a pick, quite funny to play. :slight_smile:
Hope you like it even though it’s not perfect.

2 Likes

I love this song, great job with the pick here!

2 Likes

I always overlooked this song on the album cause its sandwiched between a couple other good songs, I can only image how many other fun songs have suffered the same fate :frowning:

anyway… Here is my cover, there is a couple spots where the chugging gets spotty toward the end, but I’m happy enough to move on to the next song, and I will definitely keep playing this one randomly cause its a fun one!

4 Likes

Great job on very fun song to play! This ones still in my rotation too.

2 Likes

Now this is one of those tunes that was so so so damn hard for me.
you made it look so easy… dammit, lol.
Great job, sounds fab.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I can assure you this is after many, many takes and it certainly felt like I was pushing the limits of what I can do at the moment, but I’m glad it appeared otherwise, lol.