Song 14 - "Blitzkrieg Bop" by Ramones

Thanks!

Nice job @BigAl! Killer bass as usual, I love burls!

1 Like

@RuknRole and @BigAl nice job boys I really enjoyed them both. I had a week off and am currently languishing around the 135bpm mark. But you know, Iā€™ll keep plugging away at it :wink:
I enjoyed Alā€™s sign off. Growing up in the UK what you did means something entirely different!!

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.51.23 PM

3 Likes

right there with youā€¦odd thing is my thumb (which is doing NOTHING) is cramping up. I must be stiffening it up or something.

Could it be youā€™re plucking too deep maybe?

I just moved my thumb from the edge of the p pickup to the top of it so it could float a bit better and seems to help. I think it had it wedged in that little screw tab nook really well trying to stay still but better to let it move.

I crushed my right hand a bit last year and still have some issues with it (thumb and index finger) and this song is putting it to the test man. Good thing it is a short tune.

Sorry to hear about the hand injury.

1 Like

Thanks @Barney , up yoursā€‹:rofl::joy:. Thatā€™s so Fā€¦in Funny. You learn something new everyday. No disrespect to anybody. It was meant to be peace outā€‹:v:.
Cheers Mate. :beers:
I think weā€™re going to be the tres amigos. @Barney @RuknRole :+1:
Loved the little post explaining the reverse peace sign, awesome sauce.

1 Like

Iā€™ve finally gotten the speed up and the stamina to play this enough times without burning out to record it. I always told myself I canā€™t play fast songs, guess that is BS now.
Edwards E Groover P bass, tone up ~80%, VT Bass DI for old school SVT tone.

6 Likes

Yes!!! Very clean and I like the tone a lot. Iā€™m currently flip flopping between learning two new songs. Oneā€™s a ZZ top number; 6 months ago I tried it and was nowhere near but somehow in the intervening time 162bpm is almost achievable. Funny old thing about practice, eh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice @John_E ! Love the dirt on this. Playing this one without a pick is no joke. Also trying to build up my bpm. I have a long way to go before Iā€™m playing Run to the Hills but consistent practice is helping

1 Like

Thanks, it took a long time to get there, and to be able to record it. I would run out of steam quickly and couldnā€™t play it a lot in a row at speed. First night I tried to record it my fingers felt like applesauce and I had to just shut it down and go to bed.

1 Like

Great job, @BigAl and @John_E! Unfortunately I couldnā€™t check out your cover, @RuknRole, because YouTube blocked your video for copyright reasons. I wonder for how long @John_Eā€™s video will stay upā€¦

Iā€™m currently practicing this song, and I can sometimes kind of almost play it at original speed once. Never more than once though, so if I ever record it, itā€™ll have to be in one take :joy:

1 Like

This was the hardest part, getting the finger stamina to be able to play it a few times to get a good take. My fingers turned into melted butter quickly.

Yea look at that they blocked it.

Hey everyone - FYI - this tune gets blocked on YouTube.
Took a few days for it to be blocked but it is, so upload any future ones to Vimeo.

2 Likes

Oh man what a right hand workout this was! As those above have experienced, it was the stamina that was harder than getting up to speed. I hear myself running out of gas and falling behind the beat a little as the song progresses but have to ship this one and move on. Iā€™m going to keep working on it.

For the tone, the dirt comes from the built in distortion of the Orange Crush amp. I was attempting to get a faux-picked sound by cranking the treble, and using some an aggressive plucking with occasional finger nail bite. As a guitarist, Iā€™m decent with a pick but felt like trying this one with fingers might help me on the road to playing Steve Harris speeds some day :metal:

5 Likes

Well done. Great tone.
Yeah this is a beast of a workout.
You did great. !!

1 Like

yes, I trying to get up to dateā€¦ this one was just fun, I put some distortion to it, I considered using a pick but right now I donā€™t feel like branching

https://youtu.be/rZ0Jj6CddlE

9 Likes

Fantastic!!

I like the distortion you used too. 3/3!!!
Keep ā€˜em coming @Reo

2 Likes