Song 14 - "Blitzkrieg Bop" by Ramones

Damn that sounds great

This song is fast. Trying to challenge myself by using a pick. It wentā€¦ ok.

Lakland 44-GZ

P: 100%, J: 0%, Tone 100%, running through SansAmp Bass Fly Rig with flat EQ, 9ā€™clock overdrive, light compression (my first time messing with this), softone saturation plugin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TTpiqu_Hs

7 Likes

Sounds good!

1 Like

ā€¦because whatā€™s more punk than a U-Bass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if6YNXofRvU

5 Likes

Well done!

I couldnā€™t even entertain doing this with a pick.
Slows it down a lot being able to pick up and down (another canā€™t yet do thing for me).

This was really great!

1 Like

Timing is quite off in this one, but kudos for trying it on that little guy.
I tihnk my fingers would cramp up solid for a week if I tried this!

1 Like

You can tell by the fact that Iā€™m staring at my picking hand the entire time that Iā€™m not too comfortable with it either :laughing:

I mostly just wanted to make sure I wasnā€™t forsaking my finger style playing for all this pick fun. But yeah! Iā€™m pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds plugged in!

2 Likes

Itā€™s the Ramones - you only need to be able to down pick. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice pick work @RoyB! And the U-Bass definitely had more bottom end than I expected it to.

Yeah Dee Dee definitely set a standard for punk playing style, hang the bass to your knees and downpick. Looks cool, sounds nice and aggressive, hard to do well at song tempo.

1 Like

and live the tempo was much faster than the recording. Dee Dee and CJ both were reaaly good

2 Likes

Well Iā€™ve certainly been busy lately! I donā€™t love the lighting in the video on this one but I finally am able to get the Talman into the mix for a cover. I think it fit well for the P bass sound plus a bit of grit on the Darkglass head.

The knobs on this bass are still pretty busted (replacements must be on a boat cause I still have to wait a few weeks for them to showā€¦) so I canā€™t be certain about the positions. I think the preamp was flat and then the blend favors the P pickup a bit. I used the B3K side of the Darkglass head for some grit and broke out a heavy pick and went to town on this one!

XLR out to a Volt 276 and then into Garageband. Video recorded with OBS. I then brought it all together in
iMovie. Original Bass removed by Moises.ai.

Thanks for checking it out!

6 Likes

Nice job on a fun tune with a fun looking bass. Bonus points for the good dance moves :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :laughing:

Well done @cheeze_pizza

If I had anything to offer, is you might want to play this one a bit ā€˜aheadā€™, to drive the tune along. Feels a little laid back vs. heart pounding drive forward.

I like the tone you chose a LOT!

1 Like

Thanks man! I feel like Iā€™m still a tone noob but it is fun to experiment- Iā€™m finding that overdriven bass sounds pretty awesome and I need to do it more often!

Seeing that this song starts off right away with your fingers blasting out at 175 BPS!!! and no warning when it starts, I I added a lead-in.

BlitzkriegBop-w-lead-in-no-bass

Feel free to use this one. Perhaps you can replace it in the 50-songs files. You can link this in the top-post as well, if ye like.

Can you guess what song Iā€™m working on?

1 Like

Another one with a pick and nr. 14 is done. :slight_smile: Still think it is funny with the AI generated pictures so there is some of them in there aswell. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice work yet again :pick: :pick: :pick: :pick: :pick: :pick: :pick:

?
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 9.39.20 PM

3 Likes

Tnx @Barney :slight_smile:
AI picture of: ā€œTheyā€™re piling in the back seat
They generate steam heatā€

1 Like

Well done. Wish I could pick up/down when I was doing this one. All down picking for me.

3 Likes