Song 19 - "Feel Good Inc." by "Gorillaz"

Song: Feel Good Inc.
Artist: Gorillaz
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxxjLD2pmlk

Spotify Link

6 Likes

There is one very tricky part to this song—getting the timing right in transitioning from the main riff to the Eb Db Bb Ab Eb right before the first long break. It’s a fun song, though, especially when you play it dropped a half step.

1 Like

Here’s my take on Feel Good. Been busy. This was a nice peace full tune to play. Just what I needed.

11 Likes

Sounds good! Nice job as always @BigAl…

You don’t happen to have the backing track or pdf score for that, do you? I haven’t produced them for this one yet, and it would be helpful. If not, no worries… Thanks!

Thanks @skydvr
I did make something on soundslice. Not perfect good for practice. I’ll share it right now.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

What’s wrong with just fun? Nothing. Nice tone on this one, really complimented the song well.
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 8.19.51 PM

1 Like

@Barney
Thanks You, My Brother.
I know you get a kick with my Gesture in the End. :facepunch::+1::joy::rofl::sweat_smile::beers:

fgi

What is that notation on the E on the A string? In the track it kinda sounds like a slide, but that doesn’t look like slide notation to me (I’d expect a straighter line, more like “/”) and it’s not a bend… If it is a slide, where’s it start (previous note is on a different string)? And why not slide on the E string to the 12th fret vs indicating it on the A string?

Thanks…

Sounds like you have been busy getting awesome @BigAl
This was spot on perfect brother!
Tone, timing, as per normal super cool bass, great mix, great vid.
Just darn perfect.

1 Like

I had the same question a while ago, see Gio’s response below.

In short: it’s a short slide, starting from wherever you like.

2 Likes

@John_E
Thank you ,My Brother, on those kind words. It been a tuff month since my Dad past away with this covid we are barely putting him to rest tomorrow :sleepy:. Hopefully everything start to get better. Playing music sure helps. God bless, everyone. May everyone, Have a Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe New Years.

1 Like

Thanks for that… At least I know my ears weren’t lying to me - when I listened to the tune, I thought it sounded like about a 2 fret slide…

1 Like

BTW, if you see it after the note, then it’s a bend.
You will sometimes see a mark on how far to bend the note.

1 Like

I’m excited to jump in on the 50 song challenge.

https://youtu.be/WLM_Zesu0Bk

5 Likes

Well done @BigAl :+1:

1 Like

Nice playing @Paul_9207
I like the video playing in the background too, nice touch.
The tone is a bit muddy and distorted to my ear though, maybe in how recorded, not sure.

2 Likes

I agree, I put an octave on it and that took it way down, obviously, so I tried to add a little grit to it to bring it back up. I probably should have played with my eq a little more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just played it again, took off the distortion pedal and played with the bridge pickup only, it sounds a lot better. Oh well. I’m still trying to figure out my Zoom. There’s a lot of options.

1 Like

Nice @Paul_9207… Great playing!! Love your style! I do have to agree with @John_E in that the mix was a bit on the muddy side… Also looked as if there may have been a splice at the 2:00 minute mark. Not too awful obvious, but enough to grab my attention… Looks like you’re mic’d to your Ampeg??

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

Thank you!

Yes, there are two long segments without any bass, so I just cut them out.

Yes. Bass - Zoom B6 - Ampeg - MXL V250 mic - Focusrite - Garage band

1 Like