Song 19 - "Feel Good Inc." by "Gorillaz"

Thank you, @thomas .

1 Like

Just got around to listening to this one @BigAl…. Very nicely done!:+1::+1:. Great timing with a nice tome in the mix. Great job with the video also!!

Sorry to hear about your dad…. Stay strong man!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

1 Like

Thank you @Lanny, For those kind words.

1 Like

I decided to go back to the 50 song challenge songs and challeng myself…
The challange:
Try to learn one song and record it all in a single day.
Never did that before. Not the hardest of songs for sure, but fun.
I did not like the original bassline tone at all, so decided to play a bit.
Both pickups in use, little bass boost, little treble cut, little VT Bass DI SVT on top.
Current strings on the MM are Rotosound 45 RB45s, nice clang which I tried to tame a bit for the tune but peeks through a bit too.
I also tried a fret wrap for the first time, just to get rid of some of the upper ‘zing’. It does work for just that.

https://youtu.be/P7P7lKcXc5w

9 Likes

Good job @John_E . I commented on YouTube as well.

2 Likes

Great job on this @John_E ! I like the tone you came up with a lot. The original has some kind of octave + synthetic fart thing going on that doesn’t really do it for me either :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks @dlamson13
Yeah I was originally trying to match and then thought ‘why?’.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

So here is my Gorillaz cover, it’s a fun song to play, and also lets you squeeze in coffee breaks between parts. Annoyed with the tuning though, it’s somewhere between Eb and D, did my best to match it by ear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnq4t5M5VOs

6 Likes

Best coffee break prize.

Great job as always man!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not standard tuning, down a half step

1 Like

I should add that rather than tuning my bass down a half step, I play the Eb on the A string then just use the shape. Sounds really good there too.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, definitely sounds good up an octave. My issue with the tuning was that to my ear, the bass in original was playing flatter than Eb, between the Eb and D. Not a full quarter step, but close. The consensus on the internet is that it’s plain old Eb so this is probably just in my head :laughing:

I think so. I didn’t have this issue.

1 Like

Yeah, in my head, your cover sounded great

Another fun one. Also my first foray into playing with reverb! Hope I wasn’t too heavy-handed with it but I think it sounds pretty cool in context.

Lakland 44-GZ

P: 100%, J: 25%, Tone 25%, running through SansAmp Bass Fly Rig with flat EQ, softone saturation plugin, ValhallaSuperMassive reverb (preset MellowAmbience)

Edit: A video would be helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY-3bjbEFkc

5 Likes

No video posted

Whoops :man_facepalming:

I’m a ways off yet from trying this one but I just looked at the score sheet that came with the Zip and it seems to be formatted 6 columns wide instead of the standard 4. I can’t figure out how to change that. Does anyone have this in a 4 column layout?

Reason? Eyesight isn’t what it used to be to see the little type.

example

VS

We have a Discord server. You can find PDFs there.
Check the main 50 songs thread for the link and info.