Song 19 - "Feel Good Inc." by "Gorillaz"

That might be the one I created for the discord. So, what I did when I created them was try to make it fit well for the page length. I also had a learning curve when I doing it, so maybe some are better than others.

Looks like I made it fit on 2 pages vs stretching it out to 3 (it probably was just over 2 pages, originally). I could try to remember the process, and create a new one for you. But, if you’re in a rush, I can’t promise anything…

OK - I had a little time, and I remembered the process better than I thought, so, “Score-larger.pdf” is now included with the rest of the materials. It’s 3 pages + 1 line on the 4th page, which bugs the crap outta me :rofl: but I hope you’re able to read it better… Hope that helps.

Awesome! I ended up reformatting them in NoteFlyte on screen then took screenshots as using “print” on the page didn’t produce usable prints.

The problem with mine are they are just a little fuzzy.
I’ll have to look at my intro email to find the link to the files. i can’t seem to find them!
EDIT! FOUND THEM. THANKS!!

1 Like

…and this is another one that was sitting on the PC, same story as #18, just grabbed two of the files.
This one was fun to play as well, with the pauses I didn’t have to memorize just play from the screen.
I remember using the Octaver effect from the Zoom B1

https://youtu.be/EExryyu2DLE

6 Likes

hey @Reo
sounding good man!
Nice to see you back.

1 Like

What a fun song to play!

I remember seeing Blu De Tiger perform this one live last year and she was even rapping along as she was playing her bass. While I certainly don’t have those skills I can still jam out the bass line!

Played with Fender Jazz Bass
Down-tuned half step
Neck Volume 75%
Bridge Volume 50%
Tone 50%

Darkglass 500v2 amp
Compression 50%
MicroTubes OFF

XLR out into Volt 276 interface
Compression ON (GTR)
Vintage ON
Gain 40%

Original Bass removed with Moises.ai. Audio recorded and mixed with GarageBand. Video recorded with OBS. Finished in iMovie.

Thanks for checking it out! Feedback welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here is my Feel Good Inc. Hope it is OK, because I Feel Good. :slight_smile:
Not approved: https://youtu.be/IoFVryt9CaI
New take: https://youtu.be/K1XCNvveMac

1 Like

Tone is very good here @Johnnyb
I will as usual preface the next comments with 'you can play these or any other song any way you want, that’s what music is about, however, with the 50 song challenge, if you are trying to stick to the sheetmusic., then (of course perhaps you are not)…"
Articulation here is off.
Rests are ignored, and therefore note length as well.
This effects the groove and funk of the tune often, and does here.
It’s not tight, like the original.

Thank you for your feedback @John_E , this is what I need to hear. Didn’t listen to the song, just read the sheet and played it as I remembered. Will have a new go at this tomorrow then, because now it is far to late in Norway:-)

1 Like

Hope this is approved, and thank you so much for the feedback @John_E .

2 Likes

Awesome funkiness!

1 Like

I skipped song 18, for the moment, quite the difficulty jump on that one IMO, just a lot of slight variations to keep track of.

This song though, not so much, and I expected it much earlier in the challenge.

Here’s my take, with the music video backdrop… and I may have over done it on the edits but I was having fun…

3 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like