Song 26 - "Money" by Pink Floyd

Song: Money
Artist: Pink Floyd
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPM01cbQBc

Spotify Link

2 Likes

Started this 50 song journey with Floyd, so it feels good to be back. Love playing this one, especially the jam out part in the middle. Man, it’s hard to get a decent take on a 6 minute song.
https://youtu.be/BSYWGz2FwUo

12 Likes

Real solid! Sounds great. Nice job…

As a side note, I wonder if I’ll ever look that relaxed/natural/effortless playing anything… Very good!

3 Likes

Well done! And extra points for lasting the whole 6 minutes :+1:. My brain has been conditioned to seek other stimuli after 3 minutes.

2 Likes

Nice! Sounds really good.

1 Like

Thanks @skydvr, @Ed, @Paul_9207!

Thanks, that was intentional here. I actually focused on my breathing and hand tension as i played. Know it sounds weird, but I played it so many times over the last few weeks and It’s very easy to rush it. I needed to get extra calm to play it right.

4 Likes

So I started listening to this and immediately got distracted on my other screen doing other things, and forgot I was listening to a cover.
Nothing, I mean nothing, stood out to my ears as a ‘hey, that ain’t the original’.
Tone, timing, everything.

Just damn perfect.
Fantastic job @dlamson13 !!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @John_E, appreciate it! Something weird happens at about the 2 minute mark, can you double check it for me? :laughing:

1 Like

OMG lol, I wasn’t looking!
This solo is way above my pay grade and ability sadly.
I’ve tried.

2 Likes

Hoping @John_E has gotten around to that sax solo as this song is now on my shortlist :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Haha yeah its been a year @John_E, let’s go :slight_smile:

You know It’s funny how when you have no idea how to play a particular instrument, like me and the saxophone, it’s not always obvious how difficult something is. I always thought the part sounded amazing but never gave much thought to the technique of it. Puts things in perspective a little. No one outside of the bass world cares (or often knows) if what we play on bass is easy or advanced, just that it sounds good.

1 Like

Still have an F’ed up hand. No playing for a bit more. PT has begun but gonna take a while yet sadly.

1 Like

Sorry about that John, that just sucks. Wishing you the best, know its been a long road to recovery.

2 Likes

In my moment of comedy I didn’t remember about your hand, my bad man. Hoping you can return to normalcy soon. :smiley:

1 Like

After a detour for the slapping challenge, we are back!!!

This is a super fun song to play! However, it’s all to easy to get lost in the 3rd guitar solo section. Making it through that part was the major challenge in this one for me.

Flea Bass with Volumes/Tones on Max into the Cali76 Comp and Darkglass Head.

Thanks for checking it out!

4 Likes

I don’t think this is good enough to give me any Money, but at least I can move on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got some good stuff in there!

I noticed several notes were cut off early during that opening groove and there were some flawed transitions in places. All in all pretty good attempt man! It’s a long song so it takes quite a bit of endurance to pull off.

Thanks @cheeze_pizza , I concur that I sometimes play the notes a bit too hard or short. I pledge that if anyone ever asks me to play this somewhere, I will commit to memory all the various slight alterations. :slight_smile: I am aware that we are advised against comparing ourselves to others, but I believe you executed this one better than I did. Hehe, I will strive to improve for the next one and maybe I will come back and do this better sometime.

1 Like

Comparison is the thief of joy my friend.

We are all on our own paths in the challenge! Keep at it. :smiley:

1 Like

Agree with @cheeze_pizza

Note articulation is what really makes a groove and gives you the same feel. I wouldn’t worry as much about slight variations in each repetition vs overall feel/groove.

That said, this is where we learn, and you sounded fantastic on this. Time was great, just have to let those notes flow together a bit more and a bit less staccato.

Haven’t done this one yet due to the duration but I think you handled that great!

2 Likes