Song 3 - “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley

Correct.

Terb tallies and lists each years covers but only monitors the Post Your Covers Thread.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification, should I post the first 3 of the 50 song challenge that I’ve done to the Post your Covers thread?

1 Like

Please do if they were done this year.

2 Likes

Ok, done.

1 Like

CourseExtrasCrazy

4 Likes

50 Songs Challenge Song #3: Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

Original Bass removed by Moises.ai

Signal chain info:
Fender MIM Fretless Jazz Bass > Cali 76 Compressor > Fender Rumble 40 > Volt 276 > GarageBand.

Finished with iMovie.

https://youtu.be/QKD6IHbaIqo

5 Likes

Not perfect, and the audio mix is to low. But I move on. :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaYsLj9MTyU&t

4 Likes

Great job @Johnnyb !

3 Likes

Well done again @Johnnyb

2 Likes

Yay three down - only 47 to go!

Good song this one - hard to believe it came out nearly 20 years ago!

Did you know it was sampled from this cowboy theme?

8 Likes

Great cover dude! Thanks for sharing some music history knowledge as well. That trumpet in the original is pretty dope.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Well done @Ed
I hear some inconsistent plucking (nothing a compressor can’t solve for, or more exacting playing) but elsewise - great great job.

I believe someone had pointed out the sample prior somewhere around here.

2 Likes

Yes @Ed :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @cheeze_pizza @John_E !

Ooops thanks too @Barney :+1:

2 Likes

I’m finally get caught up on the covers thread.
Great job Ed! You’re on the way to crushing the 50 songs.

2 Likes

Yey! I’m trying to burn through the first few fairly quickly @JerryP - the later ones look a fair bit tougher …

2 Likes

Hi!

Finally, I managed to edit this one in Kdenlive and got it done. I recorded it a week ago, but then the audio was off, then this didn’t work, and that … :see_no_evil:

I haven’t yet come around to using a DAW, as video editing took priority. I used OBS to make the backing track somewhat quieter. Do tell me if the bass is still too quiet or just right.

Also, I used Moises to split the tracks and mute the bass, so no overdub was used here. :slight_smile: Hopefully, the audio is synced well enough, it would be great if you could let me know.

Gnarls Barkley Crazy Live David Letterman - 2023 11 19 19 26 14 -

Thanks for your support and feedback, I’m learning a lot doing these covers. :hugs:

Cheers,
Antonio

PS: Enjoy your weekend!

6 Likes

Nice one @antonio ! Johnny Cash next?

3 Likes

This was really good @antonio !!

3 Likes

Well done Antonio! I will have to agree with the commenters on Song 2; the volume is a bit low. I had my device maxed out to reach a decent volume. Keep up the good work man!

2 Likes