Song 3 - “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley

Nice job @RoyB ,
Nice finger work on both hands, couple small issues as mentioned by others, the only thing if i was critical on anything would be the tonal change from the A string to the E string, and what i mean is the plucking seems to be heavier , no big deal just something to be mindful of going forward,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Looks like your having fun grooving out to this one @dlamson13 ,
picked up a couple small timing things, and your right with the muddiness in the mix, especially towards the end.
Keep up the good work, everything will keep improving :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Very well done @dlamson13 !
:+1:

2 Likes

Finally have my DAI set up. Here’s song #3 with animated video just for fun. Do I wear my bass too high?

https://youtu.be/1OmRf6RnDac

8 Likes

Sounds great @Vince

2 Likes

I think you wear it where it works best for you…

Great cover @Vince!! Great tone and timing, and I enjoyed watching the animated video!

3 Likes

Very nicely done @Vince ! Love the animation video. Good job!

2 Likes

Nice job @Vince ,
Liked the animation work, with regards to is my bass to high, that’s a personal choice.
If you like it there that’s all that matters,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I think you might need your bass a little bit higher. :slight_smile: Great sound quality + cover!

3 Likes

Hey everyone, my pinky looks terrible (which I’m currently really trying to work on) and there are a few fret buzzes but overall I had a blast with this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_cLDsODjNY

9 Likes

Well done @doylecb!
You kept a good groove throughout.

Nice dancing too!

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thanks John! I’m really just in it for the dancing

3 Likes

Great job @doylecb ! Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Great job! The plucking and timing are nice and smooth. That pinky will adapt and get easier to move before you know it.

Haha, me too, one of the best parts of the job

2 Likes

Seven months into my Bass Buzz studentism and successfully played along to my first song. Definitely appreciating simple bass lines :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m going to be starting on this soon but I cannot figure out the score that came with the download. I’m trying to follow along with you all playing and it’s not flowing. I see notation about Verse 2+3 and Chorus 1+2. I just can’t figure out what plays when?

I saw on Another Brick In The Wall there was clear instruction,
Play through intro 1, go back to the beginning, play ending with #2. I just cant understand what’s going on with Crazy. Maybe I’m Crazy?

1 Like

Ignore the text and follow the repeat and you will be fine.
Josh is just telling you where the different sections fall.
Verse 1 is before the repeat.
Then comes verse 2 and chorus 1.
On the repeat that section is verse 3 and chorus 2.
Again, ignore the text and you will be just fine, follow the repeat signs.

2 Likes

Thank you @John_E I realized after I posted it that I’d lost my memory of that loop-back double dot doohicky.
Also a musician friend of mine reminded me :slight_smile:
Thank you for the help!

2 Likes

Brace yourself: You’re a musician now too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

HA! Lookit me!

OK, A music teacher friend of mine.

2 Likes