Song 31 - "Pretty Pink Ribbon" by Cake

Song: Pretty Pink Ribbon
Artist: Cake
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffy78PY1VJs

Spotify Link

1 Like

This is officially my last “Level 2” cover for the challenge. This one somehow slipped through the cracks. Thanks for checking it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAmMAZpf6ho

Tech Notes: Squier Fretless Classic Vibe (25% Neck, 100% Bridge, 100% Tone) → Behringer BDI with some Drive → Interface → Reaper → Post EQ and Compression

7 Likes

You sound really good. I wish i sounded that good on my fretless. Good job!

1 Like

Thank you @autumnsdad1990! I’ve been using this bass on almost everything lately to get more comfortable with it. Tony Franklin’s True Fire course has been super helpful too. I use a bunch of his exercises and backing tracks to warm-up with. Be patient with yourself when going fretless. I’ve had some pretty terrible sounding practice sessions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know that isn’t just me. I’m actually considering playing only the fretless for a month or so. Because it’s so easy to play it sloppy and have it sound awful.

1 Like

Terrifically done @dlamson13 !!

1 Like

This Cake song slipped under my radar back in the day, it’s definitely a good one though. Pepperoni came in to show his enthusiasm for the song as well. :dog:

JINO Bass with preamp off. Neck Volume 90% and Bridge Volume 80%.

Thanks for watching!

2 Likes

Kind of fun to learn a Cake song I haven’t even heard before, maybe I should do some more Cake. Hmm, no think I’ll stick to the list. :slightly_smile:

3 Likes

well done and nailed the tone.

2 Likes

Thank you @John_E and two cameras on this since I didnt have camera on the last one. Hehe:-)

1 Like

Really well done on this one dude! Cake does have a handful of songs I’d love to learn on bass.

Thank you @cheeze_pizza yes they do have a lot. Next Cake song for me is their cover of I Will Survive, but I hope to finish the list first. Then I hope I have stamina enough to play it. :slight_smile:

1 Like