Song 41 - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen

Song: Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Artist: Queen
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOCe62_vdzY

Spotify Link

3 Likes

Well, now nobody can say I didnā€™t participate in the First 50 song challenge.
Hereā€™s my cover of Crazy Little Thing Called Love
https://youtu.be/a6MEJXjjLiI

12 Likes

well that was fun!
Great job as always @PamPurrs

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E . I had loads of fun doing it. I shot it in black & white just for effect.

1 Like

Great work as usual, @PamPurrs . . . :+1:

Gotta love the backdrop, too! :wink:
My uncle once had a 1950 Ford like the one on screen left . . .

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Thanks Joe @Jazzbass19 . My first car when I was a teen was a beat up old 52 Ford with ā€œ3 on the treeā€ if you remembered those. It burned so much oil, had to keep several cans of oil in the car at all times LOL.

3 Likes

That was awesome @PamPurrs love the effect too. The cars reminds me of Mr. Miyaki.

2 Likes

Thanks @Al1885 . I hadnā€™t thought about that Mr. Miyaki bit, but you made a good point.

2 Likes

Yeah, I passed my driverā€™s license test with a '65 Ford Falcon with ā€œ3 on the treeā€ :wink:

Memories. . . memories :heart: . . . I Definitely DO remember, @PamPurrs

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

My first car that ran was a 64 Ford Falcon with 3 on the tree. Learned how to drive it while taking it home. 1stcar was a 73 Gremlin that barley cranked, much less was drivable. Had a bad tranny. I sold it for $75.00 and took that and $50.00 more and bought the Falcon at a local auction. Drove that damned thing all through HS.

1 Like

Brilliant @PamPurrs - I probably shouldnā€™t bring up the war, but is that your old BB735? I can see why you wanted it back - itā€™s a beauty.

2 Likes

Yes it is, and yes, she was a beauty. At least I still have the pickguard with the rose on it that Sara made for me. The rest is just a memory.

2 Likes

I may have missed it but why did you sell it?

1 Like

I plead temporary insanity

1 Like

From what I have seen, Yamaha is the best at their price points and consistently make great products across the board. One would have to be insane to sell such a quality instrument. Oh wait, you said that.

1 Like

And again when you cancelled your re-order of it (which I also did)?
Perhaps we are all ā€˜temorarilyā€™ nuts.

1 Like

Love playing this! I think Iā€™ve underappreciated just how good Queen was. My 10 year old daughter heard the song ā€œBicycleā€ on a recent road trip for the first time and loved it. She already liked ā€œBohemian Rhapsodyā€, so we decided to listen to a Queen playlist the rest of the ride. What really struck me was how musically ambitious they were. Every song is carefully arranged and interesting. Take this song, a good fun simple tribute to 50ā€™s rock and roll on the surface. Look closer and there is some super cool harmonic things happening. Song is in D, opening riff is major, but just a few seconds later youā€™ve got C, F, and Bb, in there so now its more like D minor. It toggles around almost seamlessly in that lovely rock and roll way. Okay thatā€™s enough theory, contact someone smarter for a better explanation :laughing: Thanks for checking out my cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9LDBGE3fEo
*Tech Details: * Squier Classic Vibe Fretless Jazz (100% neck, 75% bridge, 100% tone) ā†’ Behringer BDI ā†’ Interface

4 Likes

Every so often I go really really really deep with Queen and canā€™t stop playing them for months, then get sick of them and need a break. They were amazing, Freddy was phenomenal.

Speaking of phenomenal, the fretless here is just that - WOW.
I just remembered going to a block party last summer where our neighbors had a small band play, and the bassist played fretless all night long, regardless of genere.
Itā€™s all technique brother, and you gots it!
Well done @dlamson13

You are closing in on 50/51! Go man go!

2 Likes

Thanks so much John!

Thatā€™s exactly who I aspire to be right now. A guy who rocks out with a fretless, just because he likes to, whether the song calls for it or not.

Thanks, thatā€™s #45. Iā€™m going to take my sweet time on these last 5/6, so I can figure out what to do after all this haha!

2 Likes

Sure enjoyed that :slight_smile:

1 Like