Song 8 - "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams

You guys are moe better and dedicated than me. I just can’t do this song.
:sleeping: Zzzzzzz

3 Likes

The only good thing about that song, it makes me think of the movie Zombieland. After hearing @JT play it, I popped my DVD of Zombieland into the player and watched it again. It’s the only way I could rinse that dreadfully boring song out of my head.

3 Likes

Great movie! They came out with Zombieland 2, but the 1st one is much better in my opinion.

2 Likes

No offense @JT you played it quite well…

2 Likes

None taken. I found it very boring to listen to and play. However, since I didn’t have to invest much time into it, it wasn’t too bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You guys made me feel guilty for skipping this one, so I got it out of the way here real quick while waiting for Domino’s.

I switched it up a bit and played it with 3 quarter notes instead of the doted half notes.

https://youtu.be/tNU_20CUaU0

7 Likes

Atta boy @RuknRole good job! Ps clown, you’re lonesome cause you are a clown

3 Likes

Great job. I never think to mix things up. Your version inspired me to look for covers and I found this one. This is NOT me playing. Just an example of a different version of this song. Make sure you get past the intro when listening.

I might to my own version of some songs in the future…

3 Likes

B&B

2 Likes

Nice and short, certainly not music I’d normally listen to… just one shot and exited about My Girl, that looks fun

8 Likes

Great job here @Reo
Giddy up!

2 Likes

Good job on this as well. I find these slower songs harder as you can really hear each note in its entirety. Also, how you record, the bass is very loud compared to the backing track, which makes everything stand out even more. Looking forward to you playing My Girl!

1 Like

Yep my bass is too loud, as you can understand I didn’t feel like re-recording…. my recording “system” is very rudimentary (just my phone, and the track plays from a built in speaker on the PC monitor :confounded:) I’ve been tempted to go GASing and get proper equipment, but learning all that would take time from practicing and learning bass…

4 Likes

Nice job @Reo. I noticed a couple of timing issues (mostly on the runs), but nothing that wouldn’t be worked out with a few more play-throughs… And I think your recording is fine - yes the bass is louder, but it’s just a factor of your recording set-up. Nothing to worry about… Good job!

2 Likes

Nice job @Reo ,
the bass was loud in the mix, but that’s what we are here for and what you are selling to your audience, “US” your BASS playing.
couple tiny timing things but pretty good, actually i had a call from the bands manager, the gig is yours if you want it :rofl: :joy: :rofl:,
keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

To everyone who has performed this song, I commend you for your effort. there are no bad performances. The only way to do a bad performance is to not do it at all.
Sorry I don’t comment on each one individually, but just know you have my full support for your efforts.

3 Likes

bit of cut and paste going here Pam @PamPurrs :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I’m shameless

2 Likes

A little good night song and another one off my list. I now realise that you can’t see the fantastic finger roll I do. Ah well… Biggest challenge was to not fall asleep and not get a cramp in my index finger.
Enjoy!

5 Likes

Glad you stayed awake for this one @Regina, you did a great job!
Have a nice rest…

2 Likes