Song 8 - "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams

bit of cut and paste going here Pam @PamPurrs :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I’m shameless

2 Likes

A little good night song and another one off my list. I now realise that you can’t see the fantastic finger roll I do. Ah well… Biggest challenge was to not fall asleep and not get a cramp in my index finger.
Enjoy!

5 Likes

Glad you stayed awake for this one @Regina, you did a great job!
Have a nice rest…

2 Likes

Nice job @Regina ,
I was nearly falling asleep as well, but I hung tough and saw it through​:woozy_face::woozy_face:great tone and fret board work.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Greetings all. Here is my cover of So Lonesome I Could Cry. Not the hardest song, or something I ever would have learned if I wasn’t working through this list, but I feel it helped me with a couple things

1. Slow Tempo Practice: I’m always trying to get faster, but sometimes keeping the groove at a slow tempo can be trickier. There is a lot a space between those notes.
  2. Softer Attack Practice: I’m a major offender of playing bass like a guitar, and overall plucking too aggressively(@Lanny taking your advice to heart here :rofl: ) You just can’t do that in a song like this.
  3. Time to focus on Video Sync/Quality: I learned a lot from @PamPurrs and @John_E “How to Record Yourself Part 2” Things like audio alignment to simple things like taping the floor so I know where to stand really helped. Really great stuff, thank you both for taking the time to make this.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it, and can stay awake through it. As always all feedback and comments are welcome, take care all

https://youtu.be/3UsyW_11cJc

8 Likes

Wow @dlamson13 !!

Perfection. !!
Great tone too
Great mix. Great sync.

You do look like you really want to play somethjng, anything faster. Hahaha. Slower is tougher for sure some times.

Well done. !!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @John_E ! Its’ been great learning some new tech tricks to go along with all this bass stuff.

:laughing: So true, If I was in a band that played this stuff all the time, I’d probably need to be as sedated as old Hank.

1 Like

I find your lack of knowledge of small to medium sized American songbirds disturbing😁

2 Likes

Nice and easy. My second song adequately performed, 7 months into my bass life :slight_smile:
I really like the tranquil transition of E , F# , G# , A :+1:

4 Likes

OK! I whipped this one out in record time. I too like the walk up!

I have 2 versions. One on the Yamaha, one on my Oscar Schmidt uke bass. I like the sound of the Uke on this one - Edit, Wow, they sound so similar on the 'tubes!.

Yamaha TRBX 304
https://youtu.be/brakh886G38

Oscar Schmidt Comfort Series Uke Bass
https://youtu.be/QlKcjbhkmVU

Tell me which you like best!

5 Likes

Nice job, way to keep after the challenge @groaner, and two versions this time! There’s a bit of a tuning issue on the version with the Yamaha (may just be the D-String?) that I don’t hear on the U-Bass. In any case, the timing was good, you got to practice your waltz moves, and love the sound of the U-Bass. I honestly never thought I’d like them, but every time I hear a cover with one I think they sound fantastic. Keep em coming, looks like your having fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Both were direct into the Scarlett Solo, no mods. I was surprised, at lesat to my ear, I couldn’t tell the difference.

I think I hear what you mean on the D string. I’ll have to do some calibration of my Snark vs the tuner on my B1Four.

1 Like

I’m guessing you tuned the Uke with the Snark (clip on) and Yamaha with the B1Four? My B1 has been really accurate, I have a Polytune in series with it because I hate how the B1 doesn’t mute me when I tune. It makes for easy comparison though, and B1 and Poly pretty much always agree. My clip on Snark that I use on my acoustic on the other hand is much less reliable. Guess what I’m saying is I wouldn’t suspect the B1Four, maybe something drifted after you tuned, or maybe I’m just trippin :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe it’s a setting, but mine does.

Thanks, good to know, I’ll look into. I actually like the tuner interface a lot and would use it all the time if it muted.

Yeah, I checked. Put it in tuner mode, and if it says “BYPASS” in the lower right on the screen, turn dial 1 clockwise and it should say “MUTE”. From there, counter-clockwise will put it back into bypass mode. Personally, I have a few different clip-on tuners, but much prefer the B1 tuner. HTH.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! That did it, now I like my B1Four even more :+1:

4 Likes

Well, I didn’t spend much time on this one but here

5 Likes

Nice @doylecb great job all around.
Good timing.

1 Like