Song 8 - "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams

Great job here @Reo
Giddy up!

2 Likes

Good job on this as well. I find these slower songs harder as you can really hear each note in its entirety. Also, how you record, the bass is very loud compared to the backing track, which makes everything stand out even more. Looking forward to you playing My Girl!

1 Like

Yep my bass is too loud, as you can understand I didn’t feel like re-recording…. my recording “system” is very rudimentary (just my phone, and the track plays from a built in speaker on the PC monitor :confounded:) I’ve been tempted to go GASing and get proper equipment, but learning all that would take time from practicing and learning bass…

3 Likes

Nice job @Reo. I noticed a couple of timing issues (mostly on the runs), but nothing that wouldn’t be worked out with a few more play-throughs… And I think your recording is fine - yes the bass is louder, but it’s just a factor of your recording set-up. Nothing to worry about… Good job!

2 Likes

Nice job @Reo ,
the bass was loud in the mix, but that’s what we are here for and what you are selling to your audience, “US” your BASS playing.
couple tiny timing things but pretty good, actually i had a call from the bands manager, the gig is yours if you want it :rofl: :joy: :rofl:,
keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

To everyone who has performed this song, I commend you for your effort. there are no bad performances. The only way to do a bad performance is to not do it at all.
Sorry I don’t comment on each one individually, but just know you have my full support for your efforts.

3 Likes

bit of cut and paste going here Pam @PamPurrs :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I’m shameless

2 Likes